Evap Purge Valve

I need help determining a replacement part.

My check engine light popped yesterday so I had a diagnostic done at the local S&S Tires this afternoon. The code came back for a faulty "Evap Purge Valve" and when the shop called the local Honda dealership to order the part, they were told that they didn't make them anymore. Thinking they probably spoke to an irate parts employee, I called another Honda dealership myself and they had a helluva time trying to find that specific part in their system. After about an hour of searching, they called me back and said I likely needed a "Vaccum Switch Valve Assembly" (Part# 8-97086-348-0).

Will this assembly take take of the faulty evap purge valve?

I appreciate the feedback.

I just spent 30 minutes going in circles on the Honda eStore website. Nearly everything is listed as discontinued. I cannot even confirm the part number you have as being correct. Perhaps you would have better luck with Isuzu since you have a re-badged 5-door Isuzu Rodeo.

Archived