Paint color/scheme opinions

OSOLMIO

The car is finally getting painted this week but my wife and I cannot agree on a color and paint scheme. She likes white as the car is white and I always liked Samba Green...so I came up with a two tone scheme that is Lexus diamond pearl white for the main body and the top part will be Snakeskin lime green pearl a Chrysler color but pearlized. She says she wants the car one color, I want two tone. Maybe it is the ricer in me. Any opinions? The wheels are black spoke with the polished lip if that matters.

hmmmm yeah please dont do that.

Do the whole thing in the lexus pearl white. It will look real nice and then when your wife gives you problems you will always have that to go back on :)

hmmmm yeah please dont do that.

Do the whole thing in the lexus pearl white. It will look real nice and then when your wife gives you problems you will always have that to go back on :)

"GROOOOAANNN"...I feel so backstabbed...hah! She says the car is too small to be two colors and it will look like a clown car, she mumbled something about me installing a loudspeaker on top and selling ice cream to kids from it if it is lime and white (whine) support me here it is not like I am asking her to install neon lights underneath it...yet.

in my opinion, just about any car that is two-tone is an eyesore.

I did say "just about". There are a plethora of cars with two-tone paint schemes that I would drive despite the ugly external appearance. A Del Sol would not be one of them.

You don't *have* to listen to your wife. Things always go better when you do. As a side note, if your wife has taken an active interest in your vehicle and any part of it you should be ecstatic. Mine could give two craps and would prefer if the thing rolled off a cliff regardless of the color.

white

and always listen to your wife.. i thought married people already knew that?

I am one of those who still has to put his hand in the fire to see if it will really burn. She already told me she will not ride in the car if it comes home two tone SO, I guess it is my car now!! Hahaha, funny how I worked that! She bought the car for herself when I was out of town, of course she made a good buy BUt I knew I would end up with it. It is too slow for her, I just knew it would not have the power she needed. This time I won...I think. I'll let you know.

You don't *have* to listen to your wife. Things always go better when you do. As a side note, if your wife has taken an active interest in your vehicle and any part of it you should be ecstatic. Mine could give two craps and would prefer if the thing rolled off a cliff regardless of the color.

Oh mine is into "man stuff"...she is a pilot, is a top rated marksman(person) and so into guns but doesn't hunt. She loves cars. She can name any car in the dark from the headlights or tailights from classics to exotics. She insisted I turn the garage into a project car shop. Her rolling tool cabinet is taller than I am but then she is too. She will go with me to strip clubs and cmgogo will tell you we have the nastiest clubs in Oregon...she loves auto racing in any form, she is a car nut through and through. She has already said when this car is done she needs another project car. I don't know how I got lucky maybe because she is an Iowa farmer's daughter. I own and drive a Ford Focus, she owned and drove an Audi TT roadster, MB SL500, now has an Infiniti G37, the girl likes cars! Good thing she makes a lot of money. Oh but she can't kick my ass, she is a martial artist but I can run faster on my short, little legs. But I did hear her say..don't bring home any f-----ing white and lime green car. HAH, I called the painter today and told him to make sure he takes the lime right down the front lip of the car. Some guys just live dangerously. Like I wrote before, she said she will not drive it if it comes home two tone, so it is my car now!

Oh mine is into "man stuff"...she is a pilot, is a top rated marksman(person) and so into guns but doesn't hunt. She loves cars. She can name any car in the dark from the headlights or tailights from classics to exotics. She insisted I turn the garage into a project car shop. Her rolling tool cabinet is taller than I am but then she is too. She will go with me to strip clubs and cmgogo will tell you we have the nastiest clubs in Oregon...she loves auto racing in any form, she is a car nut through and through. She has already said when this car is done she needs another project car. I don't know how I got lucky maybe because she is an Iowa farmer's daughter. I own and drive a Ford Focus, she owned and drove an Audi TT roadster, MB SL500, now has an Infiniti G37, the girl likes cars! Good thing she makes a lot of money. Oh but she can't kick my ass, she is a martial artist but I can run faster on my short, little legs. But I did hear her say..don't bring home any f-----ing white and lime green car. HAH, I called the painter today and told him to make sure he takes the lime right down the front lip of the car. Some guys just live dangerously. Like I wrote before, she said she will not drive it if it comes home two tone, so it is my car now!

Pics for proof

Pics for proof

Which do you want me to prove? Pilot's license, her shooting, her picking cars out in the dark driving down the highway at night, me running from her, photos from when she was on the farm in Iowa or the dreaded "clown" car that I will now own?

You should have the painter do a two tone with a colored primer, take a pic, and then freak her out with that.

Anything other than white will freak her out. But that is not to say she has good tastes in paint schemes either. She originally wanted blue stripes on white, Shelby Cobra type paint scheme...Now I won't ride in the car with that one!

Basically, pics of anything showing off your wife is what I was after. But pics of her shooting guns would be most excellent.

Pretty much any wife taking an active interest in the same things the husband likes to do, and with the roles reversed as well, is what I like to see. I bothers me to no end that people fall into that guy thing, girl thing routine and don't just do things together other then the obvious.

Basically, pics of anything showing off your wife is what I was after. But pics of her shooting guns would be most excellent.

Pretty much any wife taking an active interest in the same things the husband likes to do, and with the roles reversed as well, is what I like to see. I bothers me to no end that people fall into that guy thing, girl thing routine and don't just do things together other then the obvious.

Oh I have video of her shooting full auto, from two HK MP5 variants, M-16, and some Russian PPSH grinning and hooting like a crazy b..h. I don't have any of her competing or training with her ex cop instructor. Well fortunately our roles are not reversed, I am not wearing the apron. And we do get along real well. Even when we fight we try to outscream each other down. No abuser and victim just two abusers. To me she is amazing and is not scared of anything and interested in everything. Oddly she was a classically trained opera singer from Juilliard and had an invitation to go to Sorbonne to study. The only complaint I have is she can lose interest in things once she masters them so we have all this "stuff" laying around from cameras to guns oh yeh, and an electric guitar collection, she plays almost every instrument and plays well, some musical gene as well. The only thing that bothers me is that she is a better engineer type and mechanic type than I am, oh and she has always earned three times what I have ever earned and I have way more college..so the "paper" does not make the person or the money. The girl thing and guy thing has to be innate from my perspective. I raised my daughter from my first marriage with toy guns and knives and G.I. Joe dolls and she naturally gravitated towards Barbies and frilly dresses. So there has to be an innate genetic component involved in gender behavior. Anyway, this one is a keeper and the car might be done by tomorrow or Saturday so will see how that saga ends.

well if you have a bunch of guns layin around, you could pass some my way :)

For a price and all done legally through an FFL. We have a FN Herstal PS90 with a 50 round and a 30 round magazine and 4,000 rounds of ammo for $2200.00. Has a case, scope and Viridian green laser. Three Tanfoglio 9mm competition match semi automatics, an FN 9mm semi auto (never been fired). Tanfoglio .45 comes with a .22 conversion set up for practicing. Walther P-22 semi auto with red laser(never been fired)....and I think she might keep the other firearms but you never know.

How about I'll do all the body/paint work on your car, and then you can give me those.

HAH! The car is almost done plus shipping to and from VT would cost way too much. You guys have some real loose gun laws in VT...like there are no laws. It is still colonial era gun control so you would probably want a full auto PS90 and suppression on all the handguns too! I should ship her WHITE Inifinti to you to paint lime green or purple..oh and I would probably have to to deliver the guns in person and have you remove them from my a$$ once she caught wind of the trade.

Archived