New to Del Sol

germangs

Soooooo, 17's are way too big for the Del Sol chassis, but you wanna put 245's on it? You running it full out on a track somewhere with big aero or are runing it with 2) 300 pounders in the cabin and another in the trunk? If not, I don't think there's any way you are putting enough corner weight on a 245 of any wheel size to need that much contact patch.

he doesnt have a del sol monte, he has a civic.. and it says on his vehicle list "gsr civic track car" dont know if you over looked that or not

Yes, 17s are too big for a del Sol. I admit I had a del Sol with 17's, and they were too big. They were harsh, rubbed, and really didnt look too great.

Im going to go with option A, putting 245's on my track car. The my current R-compounds arent cutting it anymore. They are about a year old now and are heat cycled out. I think the 245's will be a great finite size to stick with. A wider patch with the camber Im running and the fact that them Being Hoosier R6's with better grip will help me to get the turn in I want, I dont like spinning the front tires through the turns of the course I currently drive through.

he doesnt have a del sol monte, he has a civic.. and it says on his vehicle list "gsr civic track car" dont know if you over looked that or not

Nope, I missed that. I was focused on the dude stating his opinion as fact and making it seem anyone that disagrees must be "wrong". People like that really bug me.

Archived