Engines, engines, engines

I am looking into dropping a new engine into my civic sometime soon and I've narrowed it down to 4 choices.

D15B VTEC

D16Z6 VTEC

B16A VTEC

K20A i-VTEC

I am trying to get the best engine for the money. I don't plan on adding a turbo kit however if later down the road i feel the urge then I may but thats not going to affect my decision.

Any thoughts or imput to help aid my decision.

p.s. (please no flaming, I am new)

I am looking into dropping a new engine into my civic sometime soon and I've narrowed it down to 4 choices.

D15B VTEC

D16Z6 VTEC

B16A VTEC

K20A i-VTEC

I am trying to get the best engine for the money. I don't plan on adding a turbo kit however if later down the road i feel the urge then I may but thats not going to affect my decision.

Any thoughts or imput to help aid my decision.

p.s. (please no flaming, I am new)

so check it out what are you wanting it for? i mean you have 2 sohc and 2 dohc. me i would say go with the b16a i had one in my delsol. but i have always wanted a k20 so its up to you.

there is a huge disparity in costs and complexity for the engines you note. without knowing what your realistic budget and mechanical capability is this question is hard to answer.

Well I have just started saving up so in like a couple months i should hopefully have 2 to 3 grand i could put towards it. It will definately be a daily driver so good gas mileage is key but i also want something that has the capability to turn heads. I will eventually be taking some classes on auto body and mechanics but as of now I know people that could help me with the swap.

ok 2-3 yea you can forget getting a k swap. now the 2 sohc you wanted you can buy them and do bolt ons for that price. for the b16a you are looking at that much just for the motor trans axles ecu. and you will still have to get mounts to. so just keep that in mind

• 2 weeks later...

yeah i would go with the b16 due to the fact that the k series route is exspensive, and you said your thinking about turboing later on and if you did you would get more for your money i think and and have a stronger platform in stock form. plus its a common swap so you could find a lot of info on it, and 3000 dollars is pleny of money you,ll even have enough money for performance parts, exterior/interior mod, or rent or whatever you wanna spend it on, but i would go that route man but totally your choice.

Archived