y7 tranny

kiwi87

why you want that i would go with a d16y8 trans that way the gears are better.

WISH PPL COULD READ THE RULES

I'm actually trying to sell mine. I just bought it because i needed something fast and they told me everything would match up but my clutch doesn't bolt up to it. So basically they are dumb and i feel really dumb because I should have known better but desperate times makes people lose their sense of judgement, but anyway I'm just trying to get rid of it so i can get money to rebuild my tranny.

The y7 is a hydro clutch and if you were bolting it to your crx that would be a cable clutch. Technically the transmission does bolt right up but you would have to do the clutch conversion to make it work. As you already know, someone pretty much duped you. Although, it could have just been ignorance on their part and they didn't know enough about Honda's to tell you correctly.

I would guess a good working y7 trans might fetch $200 to the right buyer. Problem with the mileage is you have nothing to verify your mileage claim. Not that you are lying, but people like proof. Once a trans changes hands a few times the proof of age/condition isn't verifiable anymore. Unfortunately for you a y8 trans could fetch more and certainly would sell faster being it has the more desirable gear ratios for someone doing performance tuning.

The y7 is a hydro clutch and if you were bolting it to your crx that would be a cable clutch. Technically the transmission does bolt right up but you would have to do the clutch conversion to make it work. As you already know, someone pretty much duped you. Although, it could have just been ignorance on their part and they didn't know enough about Honda's to tell you correctly.

I would guess a good working y7 trans might fetch $200 to the right buyer. Problem with the mileage is you have nothing to verify your mileage claim. Not that you are lying, but people like proof. Once a trans changes hands a few times the proof of age/condition isn't verifiable anymore. Unfortunately for you a y8 trans could fetch more and certainly would sell faster being it has the more desirable gear ratios for someone doing performance tuning.

Which you are right about them being ignorant about it, he didn't know it wouldn't work with my clutch, I asked him about it and he seemed all sorts of confused when i was talking about it, its just frustrating because he talks like he knows everything there is to know about Honda's, I hate it when people do that. but anyway thank you for explaining it to me it makes more sense now. You can look at the transmission and tell that it has not been used much, but of course that doesn't help with the fact that I can't prove anything about it. Right now I'm just trying to get my car up and running, everything I have in her is stock and I dont want to change any of it until I have the money to do a complete conversion on her. So once again thank you for explaining and giving me an idea for a price. I appreciate it. :)

Archived