mph tach no working

marauder228vw

You contradict yourself in your description. You stated your tach is not working, but you also note the rpms are working. The tach measures your rpms. So which is it, the tachometer is working or not working? Makes a big difference in what could be going on.

Actually seb, I was quite confused. He noted two different devices in his description: Tachometer and Odometer but made no specific reference to Speedometer. Just wanted a clarification as to which parts work, which are 100% non-responsive and which are 'working' just not working correctly.

everything works except for the speedometer and the thing that reads the miles. The rpm meter and everything else works fine, just when i start the car , the speedo jumps a bit bu does nothing else.When i purchased the car, it was not working. yes i do drive about 64 miles a day but have no other issues or with the radio, it works just fine.

The tach and the speedo are controlled by the same fuse, so power really isn't a concern then. Hell, the entire cluster operates off of the same wiring harness. Next thing I would be doing is buying a cluster and pulling the speedo out and switch it with yours. I would guess the odometer actually is working, just the speedo part is broken. the odometer is an 'internal' part of the speedo and is itself mechanical but dependent on the speedo to function.

The tach and the speedo are controlled by the same fuse, so power really isn't a concern then. Hell, the entire cluster operates off of the same wiring harness. Next thing I would be doing is buying a cluster and pulling the speedo out and switch it with yours. I would guess the odometer actually is working, just the speedo part is broken. the odometer is an 'internal' part of the speedo and is itself mechanical but dependent on the speedo to function.

ok in a ek i know this that the rpm and speedo are not on the same fuse. bc when i was popping my fuse the rpm was still working. i would check the speedo sensor it is on the trans on top. check that out. see if its undone or lose

I stand corrected on the fuse arrangement, Trae.

So we have: speed sensor broken or loose, and speedometer malfunction.

srry if i seemed like a as$ i was not trying to. i just went thought a really bad promble with the ek so that is the only reason i knew about it

why? you bought a 17 year old car. did you not expect to have to repair at least a few things?

do the superduper cheapout method: buy a gps with a speedometer in it.

U lazy bugger, get off your ass n fix it yourself, or get someone to fix it. Talk about a throwaway society, geeez.

lmao ,actually 10 minutes after posting it on craigslist for trade, i got a couple of good offers which caught my eye, one being a 93 del sol si MANUAL!!!!! a college girl wants an automatic and also so not entertaining was a 97 acura cl 2.2 5 speed.

i would go out of my way to buy the trashed manual instead. not only would it give me something to do but the trashed car would be a lot cheaper.

Archived