Sean2012

these are some of my recent mods tell me what you think

0820001547.jpg

0805001703.jpg

0809001204.jpg

0818001749.jpg

0818001827a.jpg

0820001426.jpg

The intake is a cold air intake and is not complete i did not have time to finish it but i will this weekend

get actual rims instead of hubcaps.

get a z6/y8 intake manifold, that pissy y7 or whatever it is, is holding you back

fart can=no no get a vibrant or twin loop muffler

and no need for two threads on this

do you have rims?

and thats a d17 motor.

pretty sure that head wont work on it.

dude im so ghetto i rock rusted steelies without hubcaps :D

ah well in that case swap the damn thing lol

dude im so ghetto i rock rusted steelies without hubcaps :D

ah well in that case swap the damn thing lol

You're phuking awesome!

Blast the dude's new stainless catback. I have one similar to that and I ain't replacing it for a long time. Spend money on other stuff rather that wasting it on replacing on a perfectly good stainless exhaust setup that's already hanging under the goddamnedcar!!!! ROFL!!!! :p

Looks ok for bolt on items. Just hope the exhaust isn't ridiculously loud. Before installing the full cold air kit take stock of the weather where you live. Places prone to lots of rain mean full cold air kits can more easily suck up water and damage your engine. If this is your daily vehicle just leave the shorty on there.

You have opened up the intake, and opened up the exhaust but those two alone will do little for your car. To maximize the affect those two parts have be sure to replace the stock exhaust manifold with a higher flowing header assembly and possibly a free flow catalytic converter. Just be sure to check your local restrictions on emissions to make sure you can keep your car registered.

David, you need to pay attention to what people have before spouting off suggestions that have nothing to do with the car they own.

get actual rims instead of hubcaps.

get a z6/y8 intake manifold, that pissy y7 or whatever it is, is holding you back

fart can=no no get a vibrant or twin loop muffler

and no need for two threads on this

i think his catback under the car was the one he just bought

Yes, I see it's new and I see it's installed on his car. Loud? Probably not bad if he has the cat on it. Mine isn't unless I'm on the loud pedal too far. It's more about how it's driven.

What you call a "Fart Can", I call a Resonator - it has the tip drilled which indicates it probably came with a baffle. The OBX system on my hatch did. Having the last resonator (Fart Can) just ahead of the tip will allow the baffle to be more effective.

Yes, I also see he has the baffle out in the picture - but the inside is clean. It's his choice to run the baffle or not and also decide how he drives the car.

Yeah, I'm with you that people shouldn't run around making noise - with excessively loud exhaust systems. But, I don't think it needs to be changed - maybe just put the baffle in it and take it easy around residential areas.

I was just bustin' yer ballz fer tellin him to buy a new exhaust system when he shows you pics of his new exhaust system.

:o

........David, you need to pay attention to what people have before spouting off suggestions that have nothing to do with the car they own.

Yeah David - WTF's wrong with you?

David, you need to pay attention to what people have before spouting off suggestions that have nothing to do with the car they own.

how do my suggestions have nothing to do with the car he owns? askide from the intake manifold which yes i realize i was wrong.

Yes, I see it's new and I see it's installed on his car. Loud? Probably not bad if he has the cat on it. Mine isn't unless I'm on the loud pedal too far. It's more about how it's driven.

What you call a "Fart Can", I call a Resonator - it has the tip drilled which indicates it probably came with a baffle. The OBX system on my hatch did. Having the last resonator (Fart Can) just ahead of the tip will allow the baffle to be more effective.

Yes, I also see he has the baffle out in the picture - but the inside is clean. It's his choice to run the baffle or not and also decide how he drives the car.

Yeah, I'm with you that people shouldn't run around making noise - with excessively loud exhaust systems. But, I don't think it needs to be changed - maybe just put the baffle in it and take it easy around residential areas.

I was just bustin' yer ballz fer tellin him to buy a new exhaust system when he shows you pics of his new exhaust system.

:o

the fart can is the muffler/tip. a resonator is farther up the pipe. that baffle is more or less a silencer. (i think this is what your talking about).

im just saying get vibrant muffler because it looks better IMO and sounds better IMO. thats why i like vibrant mufflers, you can run it hard and it sounds good and isnt very loud at the same time. win/win situation. but to each their own

Yeah David - WTF's wrong with you?

a lot of this. very short tempered, cant stand to be bitched at lol

besides, the guy asked for our thoughts and i gave mine. i had a right to say what i thought

besides, the guy asked for our thoughts and i gave mine. i had a right to say what i thought

Actually, you don't. This is a private forum so you only have rights so far as that the mods allow you to post. At any time they can permanantly ban you and there is nothing you can do about it unless you claim discrimination - and last I checked you were a white male that is not a senior citizen so I think you are screwed on the discrimination charges.

Don't be so negative. This guy is vastly superior to the dude talking in txt speak about chillin wit the ladies at skewl in his jdm teg. He just started out but already knows more then most since it looks like he might have installed his own intake and possibly the exhaust.

Actually, you don't. This is a private forum so you only have rights so far as that the mods allow you to post. At any time they can permanantly ban you and there is nothing you can do about it unless you claim discrimination - and last I checked you were a white male that is not a senior citizen so I think you are screwed on the discrimination charges.

Don't be so negative. This guy is vastly superior to the dude talking in txt speak about chillin wit the ladies at skewl in his jdm teg. He just started out but already knows more then most since it looks like he might have installed his own intake and possibly the exhaust.

this is a public forum. anyone can join if they have an email address.

why do i get the feeling that there is sarcasm hidden in that....

No, the forum is accessible by the public, but is privately owned.

Same thing as a store or restaurant. Owned privately but open to the public and retains rights to refuse service. You have a lot to learn young grasshopper.

you need to be on FB since Drew feels the need to withhold shoutbox from us and no where to bs chat anymore.

the fart can is the muffler/tip. a resonator is farther up the pipe. that baffle is more or less a silencer. (i think this is what your talking about).

im just saying get vibrant muffler because it looks better IMO and sounds better IMO. thats why i like vibrant mufflers, you can run it hard and it sounds good and isnt very loud at the same time. win/win situation. but to each their own

I consider anything in the path of the tubing that's larger than the nominal ID/OD of the tubing to be a resonator.

What I'm talking about for a baffle is a tip insert device.

Like this one:

OBX%20Baffle.JPG

I noticed the holes drilled in the tip of the tailpipe in his picture - those holes are for mounting a baffle or tip insert. Having the last resonator (or whatever wechoose to call it - Fart Can) at the end allows for the baffle or tip insert to function more effectively in cancelling noise by reducing the intensite of the exhaust pressure waves - i.e. smooths it out. That last fat part ot the tailpipe works like an acoustic shock absorber or spring in conjunction with a baffle or tip insert if/when used.

The OBX Catback on my hatch looks like this:

OBX%20Catback.JPG

It just has a large tip at the end that will accomodate the baffle or insert. The last resonator on this setup is the large oval shape crossover and works pretty good.

Hi everyone thanks for all the replies first off i want to apologize for posting this twice my browser got jacked up

and ill put up more pics of the hubcaps when there done so you can compare them with the paint they still need another coat.

Yes i am planning on buying actual rims in October ... i hate hubcaps, and i'm broke right now

No i do not have headers yet i want some but i don't have the money and i just got a ticket (late for practice.. not doin something stupid) so my parents prolly wont let me get another "performance" part for a while

The exhaust is not OBX

The muffler is not a loud and obnoxious one .. its a deep sound, quiet at idle

The weather here is not that rainy so hopefully ill be good

Yes i have a silencer "baffle" for the muffler but i don't like it cause it sounds crapty

Hopefully this answers all your questions and thanks for the replies

and does anyone now where the cat coverter is located on an 04 civic? im almost positive the guy be4 me took it off for some reason but im only16 what do i kno thanks

also a lil background of how i have to get these mods....

my dad is really into cars but doesnt have the time to help me and he doesnt want to pay for it but when he does help me he gets into it and makes sure its done right, but he doesnt really care what i buy as long as i pay for it he drives a shelby gt

my mom... exact opposite she hates cars she doesnt want me to do anything to my car that will increase performance cause she knos ill go fast... i convinced her the intake and exhaust help MPG ... idk if it really does

Hi everyone thanks for all the replies first off i want to apologize for posting this twice my browser got jacked up

and ill put up more pics of the hubcaps when there done so you can compare them with the paint they still need another coat.

Yes i am planning on buying actual rims in October ... i hate hubcaps, and i'm broke right now

we all are lol. but its ok

No i do not have headers yet i want some but i don't have the money and i just got a ticket (late for practice.. not doin something stupid) so my parents prolly wont let me get another "performance" part for a while

sh1t happens. but get one asap because it makes a considerable difference

The exhaust is not OBX

The muffler is not a loud and obnoxious one .. its a deep sound, quiet at idle

what brand is it?

The weather here is not that rainy so hopefully ill be good

all it takes is one puddle or deep part of water/heavy rain

Yes i have a silencer "baffle" for the muffler but i don't like it cause it sounds crapty

yes they tend not to do anything except make it sound like sh1t

Hopefully this answers all your questions and thanks for the replies

and does anyone now where the cat coverter is located on an 04 civic? im almost positive the guy be4 me took it off for some reason but im only16 what do i kno thanks

it should be after the header just like any other civic

also a lil background of how i have to get these mods....

my dad is really into cars but doesnt have the time to help me and he doesnt want to pay for it but when he does help me he gets into it and makes sure its done right, but he doesnt really care what i buy as long as i pay for it he drives a shelby gt

mmmm shelby. pics please. im a big mustang fan

my mom... exact opposite she hates cars she doesnt want me to do anything to my car that will increase performance cause she knos ill go fast... i convinced her the intake and exhaust help MPG ... idk if it really does

the usual mother...like mine. anything you do to free up airflow will help with mpg. and its a fact

Alright ill try and get some headers and the exhaust is a RS-Type (i've never heard of them before i bought it)

Ill keep the rain factor for the CAI in mind

Okay so i figured out the cat converter its actually part of the header heres a pic

0822001036.jpg

so that gives me a problem for buying new headers... so i buy headers and a new cat converter then get them welded on?

some pics of the shelby srry couldnt get any better ones ... im hardly allowed to touch it hah but he lets me drive sometimes

0822001012a.jpg

0822001013.jpg

0822001013a.jpg

0822001031.jpg

0822001011.jpg

0822001012.jpg

On your year of car the catalytic converter is directly attached to the bottom of the exhaust manifold. It's not actually one piece, but bolted together under the heat shield. The converters last longer when they were moved up into the engine bay as they are not exposed to as much moisture and debris.

We were recommending the header (single, cause your car will only have one) as the intake and exhaust will do almost 0 for your cars actual performance as standalone parts. All three parts together combine to increase airflow through the entire engine. If you don't replace all three you really haven't improved the airflow all the way through. Start saving up for it. You don't have to spend a fortune. A decent quality dc header runs 300-400 or something, or you can cheap out a bit and get a megan racing header for 150-200. Just do not buy a generic label header from ebay (or anywhere) as the super cheap headers have been found to be REALLY bad quality and will greatly hurt your cars performance.

Alright ill try and get some headers and the exhaust is a RS-Type (i've never heard of them before i bought it)

Ill keep the rain factor for the CAI in mind

Okay so i figured out the cat converter its actually part of the header heres a pic

0822001036.jpg

so that gives me a problem for buying new headers... so i buy headers and a new cat converter then get them welded on?

some pics of the shelby srry couldnt get any better ones ... im hardly allowed to touch it hah but he lets me drive sometimes

0822001012a.jpg

0822001013.jpg

0822001013a.jpg

0822001031.jpg

0822001011.jpg

0822001012.jpg

oh sweet jesus! hawt stang

On your year of car the catalytic converter is directly attached to the bottom of the exhaust manifold. It's not actually one piece, but bolted together under the heat shield. The converters last longer when they were moved up into the engine bay as they are not exposed to as much moisture and debris.

We were recommending the header (single, cause your car will only have one) as the intake and exhaust will do almost 0 for your cars actual performance as standalone parts. All three parts together combine to increase airflow through the entire engine. If you don't replace all three you really haven't improved the airflow all the way through. Start saving up for it. You don't have to spend a fortune. A decent quality dc header runs 300-400 or something, or you can cheap out a bit and get a megan racing header for 150-200. Just do not buy a generic label header from ebay (or anywhere) as the super cheap headers have been found to be REALLY bad quality and will greatly hurt your cars performance.

Okay could you maybe send me a link of what type of headers im looking for i have not had time to take the heat shield off and wont for a while ... Thanks

If I could easily find what you wanted I would. In this case you will need to do your homework. Your LX is a different beast then the more commonly worked on EX and SI so there are not a ton of options. Aside from one very generic product there is nothing available on eBay. A quick google search found a few parts suppliers that have LX compatible products in-stock. One particular brand header, OBX, I have very little knowledge of so I cannot make any testament to their quality.

If I could easily find what you wanted I would. In this case you will need to do your homework. Your LX is a different beast then the more commonly worked on EX and SI so there are not a ton of options. Aside from one very generic product there is nothing available on eBay. A quick google search found a few parts suppliers that have LX compatible products in-stock. One particular brand header, OBX, I have very little knowledge of so I cannot make any testament to their quality.

tbo quite frankly...obx sucks. most of their parts dont line up 100% or their welds break after a year. their headers are known to break off at the head or at the collector. whoever does their welding must be high on crack and uranium

Archived