Soichiro Honda signature...value?

Figured I would hit the Honda enthusiast forums for a little help with research on a project I'm working on. I have an 8x10 photograph taken at the1965 U.S. Grand Prix held at Watkins Glen, NY October 2-3 that depicts Honda founder, Soichiro Honda in his Honda jacket and cap looking down the speedway during a race. This photograph is an original and is signed by Soichiro Honda himself. After digging around online I have come across very little that would help me in pricing such at item. I understand Mr. Honda died roughly twenty years ago and that there will be no more signatures and I can furthermore validate that this is his signature as I was at the race mentioned above.

I figured that contacting Honda's corporate office might be a good first step as I'm sure there would be an executive either in the states or Japan that would love to have this in his/her office.

Any thoughts/advice/comments? All would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

-Hunter

• 3 weeks later...

Figured I would hit the Honda enthusiast forums for a little help with research on a project I'm working on. I have an 8x10 photograph taken at the1965 U.S. Grand Prix held at Watkins Glen, NY October 2-3 that depicts Honda founder, Soichiro Honda in his Honda jacket and cap looking down the speedway during a race. This photograph is an original and is signed by Soichiro Honda himself. After digging around online I have come across very little that would help me in pricing such at item. I understand Mr. Honda died roughly twenty years ago and that there will be no more signatures and I can furthermore validate that this is his signature as I was at the race mentioned above.

I figured that contacting Honda's corporate office might be a good first step as I'm sure there would be an executive either in the states or Japan that would love to have this in his/her office.

Any thoughts/advice/comments? All would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

-Hunter

See if anyone else is selling one and see what they know and what they have it priced at. Maybe that sounds increadibly simple but I'm just putting in input. :laugh:

See if anyone else is selling one and see what they know and what they have it priced at. Maybe that sounds increadibly simple but I'm just putting in input. :laugh:

Haha, any input is appreciated! I had taken some steps on the front to start with looking at E-Bay current and past auctions as well as Craigslist to see if anyone was selling anything close to that. Nothing happening there. The next step is trying to contact Honda car club enthusiasts or if there is some national office for that outside of Honda corporate, might be a good place to start.

This is a rare item, it's a one really. This picture was taken relatively a month before Honda's racing team won their first grand prix race so it's kinda symbolic of a coming of age for a then relative newcomer to the racing and overall automobile industry.

Thanks for the reply and let me know if you hear/think of anything else on this subject.

-Hunter

Archived