What should i do?

civicdx08

My engine is looking a little weak and doesn't always start the first time. I'm concidering swapping but not sure on how to go. I'm leaning towards a b16a. The thing is my car was an automatic and was converted to manual (previous owner). What all should i do to get maximun power without breaking the bank aka 2500 is the limit.

2500? i would swap a d16z6 in there and boost it. you can piece together a nice kit for under $1000 and the z6 swap can be had for less than $500 complete. use the remaining $1000 to rebuild the z6 for boost and have it tuned

if you dont want to do that...do a gsr swap. they can be had for decent prices. youll need axles, ecu, wiring harness, mounts, and transmission

• 4 weeks later...

a decent website is bestofjdm.com they got cheap engines and got complete deals and are reasonably fair. just do what you want man, thats all the fun in it. but if you look hard enough you can get a good deal like i did. my buddy sold me a gsr engine trans ecu wiring harness axles mounts shift linkage everything i needed for a grand. just look and ask around ppl you know that are into hondas/acuras and ppl you may not know. you never know what your gonna get.

Archived