Material for Head Dissipation

SpeedDemon

ok so im gonna make a heat shield for a short ram intake here soon. but im not sure what to make it out of.

39789702550_medium.jpg

the guy on d series made his out of aluminum with high temp paint coating. i was wondering if there was something that would dissipate head better and keep the air on the intake side of the shield as cool as possible. any ideas? i know i can put coats/strips of dynomat or something heat resistant on it.

All of those materials suck for heat soak. Honestly I would make it out of lexan or acrylic.

The best way to figure out what works the best is to lay out your prospective materials and hit them with a heat gun. Then let them sit for 5 or so seconds, then check their temperature, then lift them out of the way and check the surface underneath of the materials. This will show you the best for heat absorption and dissipation.

Just remeber if things conduct electricity, they conduct heat, the better they conduct the more heat they conduct, and you do NOT want to conduct heat.

lexan isnt too expensive. And actually I had an awesome idea, and it will cost you nothing.

Go down the road and find one of those "elect so and so signs" that is made out of plastic cardboard (the actual term is Coroplast), it soaks very little heat, insulates VERY well, is very sturdy, and is easy to fabricate. I would double layer it so that the "elect bob jones for treasuer" text is hidden.

lexan isnt too expensive. And actually I had an awesome idea, and it will cost you nothing.

Go down the road and find one of those "elect so and so signs" that is made out of plastic cardboard (the actual term is Coroplast), it soaks very little heat, insulates VERY well, is very sturdy, and is easy to fabricate. I would double layer it so that the "elect bob jones for treasuer" text is hidden.

.....if i go to jail because of this you have to send bail money. lol

just do it at night, they are all over the place here. Technicly its illegal to take them, but hell, im tired of looking at "vote for XXXX cause they spent more money on signs than XXXX" all over the place.

Just 2 years ago a group of people went out and stole all of the signs in a 5 mile area and dumped them at their respective owners properties.

my buddies mom does the avon stuff. so i know how she feels when they get taken...i think ill go look right now for one, its nearly dusk and cops are never out here lol

this stuff wont melt will it?

Archived