auto to manual transmission swap

marauder228vw

Hello, I recently acquired a 94 del sol si automatic, but im not feeling it. what do i need to get this swap done? And also, my speedo doesnt work, only my tach, would i need to replace it? and also, how do i know my vtec is working because i dont feel it kick in, thanks :)

speedo: could be a number of things.. i'm sure google might help.. could be messed up cable or a speed sensor

conversion: you'll need all the master cylinders and pedal assembly of couse.. along with the new ecu etc etc.. i'm sure google could provide a full write up

vtec is not a magical force that is SO different you will 'feel it'.. probably should engage about 55004800 rpm.. check wiki dseries for sure

speedo: could be a number of things.. i'm sure google might help.. could be messed up cable or a speed sensor

conversion: you'll need all the master cylinders and pedal assembly of couse.. along with the new ecu etc etc.. i'm sure google could provide a full write up

vtec is not a magical force that is SO different you will 'feel it'.. probably should engage about 5500 rpm.. check wiki dseries for sure

thanks, it suppose to kick in at 4800rpm but i dont fell it. ive been in my friends and you can definetly tell with it engages.

vtec is a crossover between cam profiles.. you should not be able to actually 'feel' it.. it helps out on top end.. i suppose you could be talking about the not feeling a loss of power.. but its should be a smooth change over

you can 'hear' it if you have certain mods such as full exhaust and intake but even that isn't a guarantee.. we get numerous questions of 'i cant hear vtec' or 'i cant feel it'.. if you are concerned that it is not working i believe there is a way to hook up a check light to it.. we also have an entire thread in the engine building section on 'what to check if vtec isnt working'

also, vtec is not some magical force that makes hondas faster.. every car maker has their own version of it.. it helps out on top end so you dont just run out of power at 5k

if you go to memberlist look for repsol he did it and can really help you out with it. Him and his friend brandon said they would help me do mine. but i deciede to put money else where for now. I got quoted 900 with LSD Tranny at Jtune Auto.

if you go to memberlist look for repsol he did it and can really help you out with it. Him and his friend brandon said they would help me do mine. but i deciede to put money else where for now. I got quoted 900 with LSD Tranny at Jtune Auto.

thanks, greatly appreciate it

Archived