93 lx finally on road

93d3ls0l

so i just got my 93 lx 4 door on the road. i had to put in like 30 hours of body work and paint . ill get pics up a.s.a.p i wish i would have taken pics from the begining of starting the body work it looks a hundred times better then it did. right now i am into the car $550. $300 for the car and $250 in parts. im so glad that i finally am driving another honda

ok so this is one of the only pics i have before body work and paint

sedan.jpg

and this is after bodywork and spray bombing it . it looks alot better in person my camera on my phone is a p.o.s i still need to do the bumpers it was just too much to do in one day and by the end of all the body work and paint it was damn near dark out so i said fvck it lol. rims and stuff to come soon will add more pics from better camera

Aug16_001.jpg

Aug16_002.jpg

looking good. now get some gloss on it naow !

lol. i had a feeling that was coming didnt expect it from you but yeah. i almost went with a gloss black but w.e for now its good and you cant beat it for a 7 dollar paint job lol

sure you can beat it. props for the effort, but now it looks like every other mexican shade tree ricer paint job. just put a 3ft wing and chrome hubcaps on it and you are all set.

sure you can beat it. props for the effort, but now it looks like every other mexican shade tree ricer paint job. just put a 3ft wing and chrome hubcaps on it and you are all set.

lol . i hate wings and the hub caps are gone in like a week in a half . im workin on a strict budget and get paid bi-weekly so i have to do everything in moderation.

anyways here are a few pics of a lil work i had to do to the body. i used yellow masking tape, cardboard and fiber glass resin and sheets. before anyone says anything it is more solid then just shoving newspaper in there and using bondo. all the places you see yellow in pics was fully reconstructed be cause there was giant holes there.

Jul30_001.jpg

Jul30_002.jpg

Jul30_003.jpg

and just so everyone knows i paid for using the fiberglass because it is a p.i.t.a to sand and i had to hand sand everything. once i can use my cousins camera ill get some pics that show how good the car really looks

lol. i had a feeling that was coming didnt expect it from you but yeah. i almost went with a gloss black but w.e for now its good and you cant beat it for a 7 dollar paint job lol

haha no cant beat that. unless its free

lmao

Hey hey hey now I'm Mexican and my eg is nothin but clean lol. I like and hey I know how it is to be on a budget.

Eddie, I will clarify: It looks like all of the illegal immigrant migrant farmer Mexicans shade tree paint jobs.

As for Mike: don't get me wrong, you are much further along in repairing the rust on yours then mine. I have a very negative view of rattle-can black paint jobs, but aside from that it's a good deal. I love a nice sedan and hope it ends up looking great.

Eddie, I will clarify: It looks like all of the illegal immigrant migrant farmer Mexicans shade tree paint jobs.

As for Mike: don't get me wrong, you are much further along in repairing the rust on yours then mine. I have a very negative view of rattle-can black paint jobs, but aside from that it's a good deal. I love a nice sedan and hope it ends up looking great.

thanks.

so i got some new goodies today but there is a long ass story to go with it so bare with me.

i drove 2 hours to get a 1.6 vtec head and intake manifold /w complete wiring harness , coil overs , and some misc. interior items for $100 dollars seems like an awsome deal . the kid i got the stuff off was a dill whole and forgot to stick the valve cover and bolts in the trunk of my car and me being a dill whole i didnt think to check till i was half way back. car seemed fine on the way out there had drove about 45 minutes back towards my house im on the highway coming up to a toll im slowing down to give the lady the dollar and my car drops like 3 inches and starts making a hideous grinding im like wtf get out to see the tire is turned all the way to the left and has a wicked lean. i knew what it was as soon as i seen it it was the ball joint. sat on the side of highway for 8 and a half hours waiting for my dad to get out of work and bring me the axle and ball joint. had it all stripped ready to go and the dickweeds at advanced auto gave him the passenger side axle and i needed the driverside . which i told them on the phone, that in turn caused me to freak out and i kinda punched my fender on the passenger side which was still good. so now i need two fenders lol . but i got some coil overs and a mini-me swap + my mirror and glovebox for $100 . ill get some pics up of the damage to the car and the new goodies prolly tomorrow im kinda tired its been a long day

8+ hours? You could have walked to the auto parts store in that time.

To try and prevent such a travesty, the first thing I did to my decrepit sedan was replace every steering, suspension and brake system component. The only part I haven't replaced was the power steering pump and the rack. Mostly because I wanted to convert to manual but haven't had the ambition lately. Engine is a different story though. All stock 212k aside from bolt ons.

Lmaof! I know what u mean I have a few buddies who do that to there car. And I get crap cuz I have a few imperfections on mine WTF!

sorry its been a couple days. but heres the pics of what i picked up i still need to use my cousins camera but these will do for now

egay coil overs

Aug21_001.jpg

the head with vtec

Aug21_003.jpg

Aug21_002.jpg

im not positive but i believe the head is off a z6 but i tried looking up the head code and had no luck i forget what it is atm i wanna say it was p08-6 but dont hold me to it ill check later. i havent decided wether or not i wanna do the mini me. i got the whole top end pretty much with full wiring harness. i have the T.B , I.M, head and full wiring harness

i also never done a vtec mini me and was wondering if i need the dizzy and e.c.u ? im sure i could figure it out im just to lazy to read threw a bunch of threads to find a direct answer

has anybody here done a mini me and do you know what all i will need to complete the swap? should i order a.r.p head studs and a cometic gasket as i plan to turbo it in the future ? or should i just use the y8 gasket i have? i read the metal y8 gasket was better but im not to sure. i did read alot about doing it but the write up that i had i can no longer find and it was an excellent write which really blows that i cant find it anymore. dont mind me rambling on i am super tired and just got out of work so im just trying to cover my bases

ill get the pics of what my car looked like sitting slammed on the ground from the ball joint and axle blowing out later too cause i had them but deleted them on accident . btw that sh1t sucked ass . and the reason i didnt walk to a parts store is because i was broke i had to wait for my dad to get out of work to drive the 2 hours to bring me the parts

the stock head gaskets should be fine unless you intentionally want to adjust compression ratios by varying thickness of the gaskets.

you absolutely will need the correct distributor and ecu and a good timing device. Technically, you will never get the car correctly in-time because a non-vtec engine has one more (or one less, i don't remember) tooth on the timing belt. This results in the default timing always being 1/2 a tooth incorrect. You can advance the distributor, or retard it enough to bring it almost into perfect time. The only way to get it 100% will be with an adjustable cam gear.

By the time you mess with the head gasket, head, distributor, cam gear and all the trouble installing it you can just buy a vtec equipped z6/y8 motor for the same price without the hassle though. Just a thought.

the stock head gaskets should be fine unless you intentionally want to adjust compression ratios by varying thickness of the gaskets.

you absolutely will need the correct distributor and ecu and a good timing device. Technically, you will never get the car correctly in-time because a non-vtec engine has one more (or one less, i don't remember) tooth on the timing belt. This results in the default timing always being 1/2 a tooth incorrect. You can advance the distributor, or retard it enough to bring it almost into perfect time. The only way to get it 100% will be with an adjustable cam gear.

By the time you mess with the head gasket, head, distributor, cam gear and all the trouble installing it you can just buy a vtec equipped z6/y8 motor for the same price without the hassle though. Just a thought.

well i really didn't even want to go with a vtec , but i need a head and got this one for super cheap and its in really good condition. i could prolly just get the block when i go back to get the e.c.u and dizzy then just build it out of the car and throw it in after its built. i might just sell the head and get a 1.6 non vtec head then i shouldn't have to deal with all the bullsh1t. i have the I.M i might just throw that on for now and get a few more ponies out of that and i know i can sell the vtec head for like $150 and make $50 plus get all the other crap i got for free . the wiring harness i could prolly get $50 for and then i would be making $100 . idk its a hard decision i might just go with the mini me and then turbo that i have no clue atm . i have majority of the parts to do the mini me swap just not to sure if i want to get myself into that cause i would have to finish it . i would only have two days to complete it before i would have to work again and i have no other transportation.

Archived