swaping out bottom end and have ?

Ok so here is my question

if i swap just the bottom end am i going to need to change my ecu or tune it ?

will it be a plug and play type swap or is there gonna be more to it ?

now this is what i wanna do and i would be very thankful for any help... so i have a 93 civic lx and i wanna swap the D15B7 bottom end for a Y8/Z6 bottom end. just so no one has to ask why i would want to do that it is because you can buy forged internals for either of those bottom ends and not for the B7

so you want to put a non vtec head on a d16 block? like a backwards mini me?

maybe you should think about just putting a z6 in the car biggrin.gif

yeah exactly. and the reason i dont want to put a whole z6 in is i dont want vtec i plan on turboing the car and i have no need for vtec . from what ive read with the way i drive and a boosted vtec = lots of cash and problems . maybe in the future i will go boosted vtec but not right now. so does anyone know if ill need to swap ecu or tune it before turboing it?

If you have a crap tuner and set up i can see it causing problems

but depending on what sensors are on the block vs the d15 block would be the yes or no between ecu and wiring.. and off the top of my head i'm not sure

ok. so what would be the best way to find out if it has the same sensors ?

should i just look up the part number for the sensors for both blocks and see if they are the same?

Archived