civic si wont start

cmac2004

I have checked my starter and its fine i got a new battery. When i turn my key nothing happens at all and i can turn on my headlights and dome lights in my car but thats it. Has this happened to anybody. Im thinking its my ignition....

Wow! I literally just got done with that problem on my car.. So all your lights and accessories come on but when you turn the key to start it, nothing happens right??

For my car I ended up replacing the ignition switch and now my civic starts up perfect every time. YAY :D

This also happened to me this week, check to see if it's getting any fire and if not then it is most likely the coil which is very easy to replace and costs a little over $65; however, you might check a few other parts first because I bought mine at O reilly's and they won't take back the coil.

• 2 weeks later...

just a simple ???? will a 1.5 91 head fit on a 1.6 96 block?....my car has a nasty backfire cumming from my intake manifold... i was told it was the head...not really to sure...any suggestions its for a 89 civic but i have a 96 sohc in it

91 1.5 on a 96 1.6, wow that's the most random threadjack EVER!

How about you save yourself a world of complicated mess and just get a matching head for your car. there were only two d series 1.6 engines in that generation, the d16y7 and d16y8 for 96-00 and there are tons of them in salvage yards everywhere.

just a simple ???? will a 1.5 89 head fit on a 1.6 96 block?....my car has a nasty backfire cumming from my intake manifold... i was told it was the head...not really to sure...any suggestions......................you see my thing is the guy i got the car from did the swap but he left it wit a carburetor instead of a fuel injection.... so its still obd0.......think it will work?

Archived