Cold Air Intake Help

Hi I have a 2004 honda civic lx sedan... Im 16 and low on money and i was hoping someone could point me to a cheap cold air intake system that is not to crappy. Thanks

well, technically all intakes are crappy, some just cost more then others. except in the case of a heavily modified performance vehicle the choice of a cold air intake means very little to the car's performance. the majority of the improvement comes from the higher flowing air filter element itself. you can buy just about any intake you want, throw away the crappy filter it comes with and buy a quality k&n reusable filter and have a decent intake.

well, technically all intakes are crappy, some just cost more then others. except in the case of a heavily modified performance vehicle the choice of a cold air intake means very little to the car's performance. the majority of the improvement comes from the higher flowing air filter element itself. you can buy just about any intake you want, throw away the crappy filter it comes with and buy a quality k&n reusable filter and have a decent intake.

awesome sounds great thanks for the help!

i've made intakes out of pvc plumbing pipe and rubber hose gaskets and put a nice k&n on it and worked as well as anything. The internet term is a HDCAI (home depot) if you want to see other examples.

Archived