Pop goes the Front Quater Window?

MChester

I came home from my hospital stay following surgery, and what do I find?

A blown out left front quarter window on my Sol. It appers to be blown out from inside as the tint held it together in a nice bubble arc even as if push out of the window frame. Car was inside a garage where it seldom reaches over 105 degrees which is far better than the car sitting out in the sun.

Anyone else ever experience this?

EDIT: Never mind, the glass had help. It seems someone got in my garage and poped the window and trunk lock on the Sol. It looks like they took off when the alarm went off grabing a few things that weren't bolted down. Pictures to follow. Thieves suck! They just do a lot of damage, and never take the stuff you were thinking of replacing anyway!!!... laugh.gif

Petty thieves are about the lowest level of scum of the earth.

Four times in my life my car has been broken into. Of all four the total retail value of items stolen: around $1200. Damage to the vehicles cleaning up after their worthless hides: approximately $3500. So destructive for so little gain... tsk tsk

better the sol than the s2k

Funny, the S was on the lift right above the Del Sol. For all I know, they just wanted to move the Sol to get the S down off the lift. Who knows...

The damage looks to be around $1200, mainly due to crowbar damage where they were prying at the window and trunk.

I often don't set the alarm on my cars inside the garage, but I will from now on. That alarm saved MUCH more than my car for sure.

I'm really happy it wasn't worse. Coming home from close to a week in the hospital to find everything gone would have been terrible. As it is, the surgery went fine, and I'm recovering well. My surgeon liked what he saw as far as the tumor(s) are concerned. My prior chemo did a great job. Now we just have to figure out what chemo to do once I recover so we can make damn sure the Cancer never comes back.

EDIT: Never mind, the glass had help. It seems someone got in my garage and poped the window and trunk lock on the Sol. It looks like they took off when the alarm went off grabing a few things that weren't bolted down. Pictures to follow. Thieves suck! They just do a lot of damage, and never take the stuff you were thinking of replacing anyway!!!... laugh.gif

So, who did you tell you were going to be in the hospital and away from the house???? Hope you recuperate quickly.

Well, quite a few folks knew we'd be out of town, but I'd like to believe none of them would do such a thing. I'm more inclined to believe it was just part of a rash of vehicle vandalism/break in's that have been going on in town over the summer. My guess is the poor little rich kids have nothing better to do with their time, so they break other peoples stuff just for fun.

Archived