B18B1 options in a EK DX

I've got a 97 DX HB that is a work in progress. The chassis is pretty low miles with about 80k on the clock. Last winter the trans started making bearing noise so my son and I rebuilt the D16Y7 engine and swapped a JDM ZC trans (yes, that can be done). After a track day it is clear we need more power. I have a B18B1 non-vtec from a 94 US Spec Integra and I'm considering options:

- B16 VTEC head swap on the B18 block

- State 2 Cams, springs etc in the stock non-VTEC head.

- Low boost turbo on stock B18B1.

This motor is already mated with a GSR trans. Just not sure what direction to take with the top end. Application is normal street driving with several track days per year.

Suggestions would be appreciated. Even war stories are welcome.

I've got a 97 DX HB that is a work in progress. The chassis is pretty low miles with about 80k on the clock. Last winter the trans started making bearing noise so my son and I rebuilt the D16Y7 engine and swapped a JDM ZC trans (yes, that can be done). After a track day it is clear we need more power. I have a B18B1 non-vtec from a 94 US Spec Integra and I'm considering options:

- B16 VTEC head swap on the B18 block

- State 2 Cams, springs etc in the stock non-VTEC head.

- Low boost turbo on stock B18B1.

This motor is already mated with a GSR trans. Just not sure what direction to take with the top end. Application is normal street driving with several track days per year.

Suggestions would be appreciated. Even war stories are welcome.

I'm in the same postion as you are I also have a B18B1 and Im in the process of rebuilding it check out my thread My slow vx build should find what you are looking for I"m doing a vtec swap b16a head gsr trans.