• Last Reply

tein - always good

tokico - always good

megan - hell no

d2 - i wouldnt do it

skunk 2 - nope

kyb - good

bilstein - good

ksport - i looked at them for the surpa.. im not going to get them.. but i know a couple people with them and they have no complaints.. rode in a drift 240 with them.. had a little body roll but it wasnt too bad.. quite nice actually

and why are the spring rates not in SI units ! lol

ok so i narrowed it down a bit. the tein high techs seem like they would be too soft. so they are out. that leaves the following combinations:

Tokico/M2 kit $397.79 shipped

Tokico struts with Tein S techs $461 shipped

KYB / M2 kit 338.64 shipped

anyone else have any suggestions?

im really liking the tokico and tein setup, but its a bit pricey lol(not really but still yes)

i will slap you

ive been doing nothing but researching suspension for the past couple weeks laugh.gif

spend money on the good crap now and not worry about it later

im in fight mode today so watch it. lol

slap him anyway.

consider these. not as low but still nice

that is what i ran on the del sol.

actually those do look very nice. i just wish they had the spring rate on them.

ok so lets narrow it down again.

either the

Tokico Blues/Tein Stech springs for $461 Shipped

or

Tokico Hp combo kit for $424.98

hmmmm

ill pm him and see what the spring rate is.

well its like a woman. during playtime they like things stiff and firm and not soft and sloppy

im looking for a higher spring rate. but not in the 400's. hopefully the seller will get back with me because im really liking those tokico HP. i wonder why my searches wouldnt bring them up on ebay?

If you're like me, you like options. I like being able to adjust the height and stiffness of the shocks. If you get bored of your setup or want to change the style maybe and adjust the height without coilovers, too bad, you're outa luck.

agreed, the gimmick there is that most people want options and then never actually use them so end up paying more for something they never use.

if you are gonna pay for it you might as well actually use it.

If you're like me, you like options. I like being able to adjust the height and stiffness of the shocks. If you get bored of your setup or want to change the style maybe and adjust the height without coilovers, too bad, you're outa luck.

agreed, the gimmick there is that most people want options and then never actually use them so end up paying more for something they never use.

if you are gonna pay for it you might as well actually use it.

yeah that was my point. if i ever moved somewhere and i could slam the car, i would. but if i had to keep it a decent height i could also do that. thats why i havent jumped in with anything just yet. im still looking

yeah that was my point. if i ever moved somewhere and i could slam the car, i would. but if i had to keep it a decent height i could also do that. thats why i havent jumped in with anything just yet. im still looking

Well you might change your idea and want to raise it or if you get different wheels or another direction with the car altogether. And the shocks is very nice too because I didn't know how stiff I wanted it. And things change. People get older, preferences change, you might need to soften it if you have a kid or whatever, girlfriend, etc. Being able to adjust all these things allows you to tune the suspension further and balance it to your liking.

yeah see thats my concern if i go on a road trip i would like to soften them up a bit. but if i get a nice set of rims and want to carve corners i will need it lowered and stiffened.

i think ill bite the bullet and go tokico/ground control

if you want the shocks to actually attach to your car you should probably get ones that will fit. otherwise, go ahead and buy the cheaper ones.

and hell no my car's ride isn't changing for some girl. well......maybe if it was megan fox it might.... or bell :wink:

gah so much to choose. i hate this lol.

no mine wont change for the woman either. she dont like it, dont get in.

so its either the tokico blues/hp combo or the tokico blues/ground control

hmmm

so the guy i got the ss clutch line from has a set of F&F coilovers that he is looking to get rid of. said its a discount if i come pull them myself

jason how doyours ride?

Archived