P28 or P72 for B18C5 ?

*NEW* to the jdm world, do i use a P28 or P72 ecu? i have a b18c5 swap in my 94 civic hatch

P72 would be closest. The P72 was on the B18 GSR while the P28 was on the Civic EX, forget the year.

isnt a b18c5 a usdm motor and not a jdm motor?

It's the Integra Type R motor. I dunno if it's the same as JDM or not. I know it had the c5 at the end though. The JDM could very well just be a B18c.

I was told that the JDM motors had no number at the end

which always made sense.. d15b2 vs d15b....... d16z6 vs d16zc

just curious cause he said he was new to the "jdm" world

do these people not realize their 'jdm' and euro cars are built all over the world laugh.gif

do these people not realize their 'jdm' and euro cars are built all over the world laugh.gif

My block says b18c

While there's exceptions to most rules, that was the case for the most part.

• 3 weeks later...

if it says b18c only , its either a gsr or type r jdm engine. what does the intake manifold look like? if you show me a pic of the intake manny i can tell you what it is. if its gsr , p72. if its type r , p73.

• 3 weeks later...

seb:

maybe hes talking about 1/8th mile laugh.gif

Funny for you and sebsol to say when you ride your del slows. I have already spent plenty of money on one whole project and run in the 9's before within a 1/4 of a mile. So I know it is not worth the money to spend all that much to be satisfied in the end with a blown motor to start over again. Breakin 12's is perfectly fine with me in a 1/4 with my tune up. tongue.gif

i love how it's always someone else's car that runs 12's or 9's, or the person making the claim never still has the car in question. Sure, some of the people that claim that crap actually did have that car or did meet that guy one time, but 99% of them did not.

i love how it's always someone else's car that runs 12's or 9's, or the person making the claim never still has the car in question. Sure, some of the people that claim that crap actually did have that car or did meet that guy one time, but 99% of them did not.

I'm just making my point, cuz my motor is blown now so I need to start from scrap but I don't want to post a thread about my next build. I just want to drive something daily but fun at the same time. So it is either I come to this website to get help or help those who wants help.

It does not matter if you believe me or not. I just do this as a hobby like everyone else who comes on to this forum.

Funny for you and sebsol to say when you ride your del slows. I have already spent plenty of money on one whole project and run in the 9's before within a 1/4 of a mile. So I know it is not worth the money to spend all that much to be satisfied in the end with a blown motor to start over again. Breakin 12's is perfectly fine with me in a 1/4 with my tune up. tongue.gif

I love how people *try* insulting a DD that they know nothing about

I'm bored with drag racing anyway.. if you go to a track you see quite a few cars that run <12 all day.. there are plenty of cars that can be setup a certain way and there yah go (these setups are posted all over the internet).. as long as you dont mess up your launch (which a car that runs 9's has plenty of helpful products on it to help with launch).. then your good.. not much skill or intelligence involved IMO

For someone to brag about drag racing just makes me lol anyway. There isn't any skill involved. Ok, you can change gear quickly and at the right time, and launch a car right. Woooo. Ain't you just the don.

Oh, and by the way, Del Slows? You do know that the Sol is a Civic, just with a MUCH better looking exterior, interior, and a removable roof. So don't start boasting.

I love how people *try* insulting a DD that they know nothing about

I'm bored with drag racing anyway.. if you go to a track you see quite a few cars that run <12 all day.. there are plenty of cars that can be setup a certain way and there yah go (these setups are posted all over the internet).. as long as you dont mess up your launch (which a car that runs 9's has plenty of helpful products on it to help with launch).. then your good.. not much skill or intelligence involved IMO

wow your funny , lol