a messed up issue i have.

redneck

hey guys .im stumped, dont know where to start. 1.my car dies randomly sometimes when i push in the clutch. 2.the check ingine comes on when my car is bogging down like going up a hill at low rps. but if u turn off the car dosent matter how long the light is been on the light turns off. when its on i loos a lot of power. buddie sayed its not important 3.i dosent like to take off verry well ether... any ideas? the o2 sensor is a month or 2 old...but the exhaust guy did have to cut the wires due to new headers... im gunna take it back and have him look at it monday. fuel filter i not real old but not bran new.... only other idea i can think of is double checking making shure the sensor plugs are in tight...

hey guys .im stumped, dont know where to start. 1.my car dies randomly sometimes when i push in the clutch. 2.the check ingine comes on when my car is bogging down like going up a hill at low rps. but if u turn off the car dosent matter how long the light is been on the light turns off. when its on i loos a lot of power. buddie sayed its not important 3.i dosent like to take off verry well ether... any ideas? the o2 sensor is a month or 2 old...but the exhaust guy did have to cut the wires due to new headers... im gunna take it back and have him look at it monday. fuel filter i not real old but not bran new.... only other idea i can think of is double checking making shure the sensor plugs are in tight...

so yes he is getting a check engine light

let me translate newbie speak:

and second, is it throwing any codes?

Means: if you are having a check engine light have you had it scanned and which numbers are you getting?

Means: if you are having a check engine light have you had it scanned and which numbers are you getting?

i just did a tune up a few days ago. the codes thing i havent jumped my ecm yet bhut klike i sayed the light turns of when i re start the car...

try doing the jumper thing anyway and see if it flashes a code

I get into trouble from time to time as I'm still working on learning the vernacular around here. Sorry. I am trainable and actually a mechanical engineer by trade. Saw somewhere you mentioned engineering school reading on another thread.

A Check Engine light normally means, and again I'm still learning Honda's - that the ECU is registering faults and storing codes.

Thanks and you can cut the newbie crap any time - I'm a member now. Somehow over the past couple of days I was knighted. Were you at the ceremony? I wasn't. ROFL!!! These forums are kinda like martial arts were, eveytime I walked into a new school, on went the white belt again.

All BS aside, thanks for the clarification. That ole check engine light doesn't tell my nuthin!

Just messing with you mister 46 posts and been a member for less then a month. :laugh:

If everything is working correctly with the computer system you can read fault codes whether the check engine light is on or not. It requires a specific clearance sequence to 0 out all errors.

ive been a member longer than everyone in this thread, but this forum is mostly douchebags.

figure out what code it is and go from there.

He states the truth, most likely me included in that reference. Provided you don't take the internet seriously it is usually a pretty amusing place.

try doing the jumper thing anyway and see if it flashes a code

i will try to jump it when im done replying here. all that stuff that happens that i sayed dosent happen when the light is on all of it happens randomly with the light on or off... so i was thinkin i have 3 problems all at once but i will jump it today and find out what is going on.

i will try to jump it when im done replying here. all that stuff that happens that i sayed dosent happen when the light is on all of it happens randomly with the light on or off... so i was thinkin i have 3 problems all at once but i will jump it today and find out what is going on.

Also check battery voltage and terminals for corrosion. Check battery voltage with car shut off, and with it running. Turn on headlights with car shut off and check battery voltage and again with it running with lights on. i.e. electrical load on the eletrical system.

One of these is real nice to have in your bag of tricks. In fact, take it to the nearset parts store and they will load test your battery for free.

Also check battery voltage and terminals for corrosion. Check battery voltage with car shut off, and with it running. Turn on headlights with car shut off and check battery voltage and again with it running with lights on. i.e. electrical load on the eletrical system.

One of these is real nice to have in your bag of tricks. In fact, take it to the nearset parts store and they will load test your battery for free.

load check was all good... i stuck a paper clip in the clip and tried to make the light come on 4 times it diddent do anything.... im gunna take off the negative batt cable to try to erase all past codes to c what that dose..,..

they will most likely come back. did you jump it correctly?

if not, then GOOGLE it and you can find it asap.

the correct way it it all worked well is to actually have the light on all the time and with the car off stick the paper clip in than turn the key one click (till the dash lights come on) and it will blink at u. my situation is diffrent. i did it correctly the first time than with it jumped i started the car and tried to MAKE it come on but it was a no go....like i said im stumped

Archived