Key Barrel Problem

SolMusic

Hey guys, I've had a bit of a problem with my sol for the last couple of years... I'd say about 1 in every 3 times I try to turn my key in the ignition, I won't be able to turn it more than just a little bit, like even to the first point. What I have to do then is take the key out, press the keyhole in, then put the key back in and it'll let me turn it all the way to let the car start. I've got no idea whatsoever why it does this, but as you can imagine its possibly the most annoying thing ever after a while.

Anyone got any idea whats up n how I can fix it? Thanks for any help.

Some ignitioins have a pin that locks them into the wheel. It might be that the pin is giving out, and its allowing the ignition to move out of the case. This would cause the tumblers not to line up properly in the igintion and not turn. By pushing the ignition back in you are re-aligning the tumblers.

Might need a new ignition.

Edited by j_link