black carpet

EK HATCH

Cory how did you Dye yours? I'm about to do so and am kinda stuck.

I wanna do the submerge in a barrel of the 'solution' however I won't be able to get the water to add to the dye hot..140*+ Did you perhaps dye yours in cold water and have good results? If so that has made my day!!!

The other method I was thinking about was using an old pump insecticide type sprayer and pouring the hot solution into that, then spraying the carpets down to a point of saturation.. LMK thanks dude.

do any of you guy know where i can get black carpet that will fit my ek hatch

And if you live in the united states you do not own an ek hatch. just saying.

what i did was just fill up one of the large rubbermaid totes with water outa the hose (yes cold), Boiled a few gallons of water on the stove and threw in about 10 dye packets in the stove water so it would disolve, then poured it into the tote and let it sit over night, id go out every few hours though and stir it with a big stick. Then just pull em out, let em dry in the sun, then hang em on something you dont mind getting black, spray with hose till the water runs clear, then let dry again.

But yes the laundromat works too, just wont dye them as deep of a black however since the carpet wont spend 12+ hours in the solution.

what i did was just fill up one of the large rubbermaid totes with water outa the hose (yes cold), Boiled a few gallons of water on the stove and threw in about 10 dye packets in the stove water so it would disolve, then poured it into the tote and let it sit over night, id go out every few hours though and stir it with a big stick. Then just pull em out, let em dry in the sun, then hang em on something you dont mind getting black, spray with hose till the water runs clear, then let dry again.

But yes the laundromat works too, just wont dye them as deep of a black however since the carpet wont spend 12+ hours in the solution.

sounds good thanks. I was thinking of doing something similar to what you described...and I have no idea where the laundry mat is locally to where my car is garaged lol

Archived