Get your JDM fill while it lasts

DelSolSweetie

the earth can balance itsself out (anyone who doesnt believe in global warming and thinks its made up by scientists is stupid and hasnt done any research) but we need to stop putting so much out there

even for those who DONT believe in global warming.. the oil spill should be news enough to say something has to change

34-tesla-roadster.jpg

59472-a-aud.jpg

i cool with electic if they look like that and figure out a better battery that lasts longer

toyota is talking about an electic supercar now too.. but they've been talking about another supra FOREVER too so w/e

Do you guys realize how dangerous to the environment and just generally dangerous the batteries for these cars are? Production of the prius on the whole "go green" level defeats its own purpose.

Do you guys realize how dangerous to the environment and just generally dangerous the batteries for these cars are? Production of the prius on the whole "go green" level defeats its own purpose.

you get an intranet brownie

edit:

i think im gonna find a nice gst or gsx here soon.

Do you realize that batteries are recyclable? I think a recyclable battery or a hydrogen fuel cell is a better idea then millions of barrels of oil pouring into the ocean.

and please dont clutter this thread with bs.. there are plenty of others for that

because the technologies haven't fully matured the effort and impact to build the early electric and hybrid vehicles is disproportionate tohow little it will take to manufacture them 10-20 years from now.

the transition to non-fossil fuel transportion is a given, it's just when.

1205812790046.jpg.%5Broflposters.com%5D.myspace.jpg

hahaha. just gotta build em right and not use a dinosaur strong pressure plate

in no way do i see batteries becoming a fad. what fun would a car be if it didnt have a glorious noise?

Sarah since you work for bmw, tell us about their hydrogen vehicles.. I saw something about how they had a 3-series all set-up and were in the process of designing a pump station..this was a few years back though..maybe 2-3.

I doubt there will be a full transition from gas powered engines to full blown alternative for another 10-20 years at least. They are still working on hydrogen, and elevtric cars only can charge based on the gas alternator/crank charging and maintaining the powersource...

By all means that would be cool if they had an alternative but highly doubt it. I say we have floating cars like the Jetsons

Dx2

Do you realize that batteries are recyclable? I think a recyclable battery or a hydrogen fuel cell is a better idea then millions of barrels of oil pouring into the ocean.

and please dont clutter this thread with bs.. there are plenty of others for that

Sarah this is true. You can recycle them sure, but it's the manufacturing process that is so polluting. It's been known that producing a Prius is worse for the environment than a Hummer. Now over the course if their life is up for debate, but right off the bat, Prius's are way worse.

in no way do i see batteries becoming a fad. what fun would a car be if it didnt have a glorious noise?

I want to say people are researching how to add 'noise' to the cars just because people say that a lot

my main experience with EV that wasnt on the road was this

http://www.gasmileag...ybrid-race-car/

he was able to make a complete track run at CMP without any gas use at all and did quite well

Sarah since you work for bmw, tell us about their hydrogen vehicles.. I saw something about how they had a 3-series all set-up and were in the process of designing a pump station..this was a few years back though..maybe 2-3.

Don't know much about it.. my plant makes the SUVS and they are just regular gas motors.. we also import the motors from germany (are not even built at our plant)

I do know BMW is insane about recycling.. i think something like 70% of plant power is from methane from the local land fill.. and they were talking about ordering enough hydrogen forklifts to have the largest fleet of them in the world

but i do see a efficient dynamics suv drive around every now and then so idk

I would like to see them using their diesal motors more often..

me and chris need a truck to pull the supras and just to have one around and I would like a c10, so i believe we are going to swap it to a diesal motor

I doubt there will be a full transition from gas powered engines to full blown alternative for another 10-20 years at least. They are still working on hydrogen, and elevtric cars only can charge based on the gas alternator/crank charging and maintaining the powersource...

columbia, sc has *one* hydrogen filling station because some of our buses run off it

building the infrastructure needed for electric, hydrogen, natural gas, etc cars is the biggest problem faced.. I agree with the 10-20 years but to stop selling gas civics in japan is a huge step IMO

Also with so many sources popping up besides gasoline and diesal they probably should find a way to integrate the fuels.. which would be a PITA (imagine pulling up the pump and you have three grades of gas, ethanol, diesal, hyrdrogen, natural gas, and a plug for fast transfer power (they are trying to find quicker charging ways) )

Sarah this is true. You can recycle them sure, but it's the manufacturing process that is so polluting. It's been known that producing a Prius is worse for the environment than a Hummer. Now over the course if their life is up for debate, but right off the bat, Prius's are way worse.

a prius has no place in a convo about environmentally friendly IMO.. but just because toyota seemed to mean well but totally failed doesnt mean every other alternative energy vehicle should be scrapped

this is not an overnight process.. the first electric vehicle was made in early 1900s but people gasoline provided longer distance at the time so they scrapped the EV idea.. think of what we would have if they had kept up with it!

Actually, the reason why manufacturers are putting speakers on their hybrids is because they are too quiet for blind people to hear coming. I think that's bullcrap, a lot of gas engines are fawkin' quiet too. Most of the time all you hear from a car is tire noise anyways.

i dont know for sure

we had extensive discussion about it in my automotive engineering class.. one discussion was on that actually which makes me think i might have seen it..

wtf with the derp?

derp is something I make ppl say in their quotes when they say a lot of stuff and i dont want to copy it all but I want them to know I'm responding to what they said.

Archived