burnt wires

cooleric2000

I bought my car preused and the headlight turned off. I took it to a shop and they said the aftermarket bulb burn the wires. I was thinking about replacing the headlight with some other aftermarket parts but I don't want this to happen again. Am I using the wrong parts?

an aftermarket bulb shouldn't burn the wires. i mean, what exactly is an aftermarket bulb anyway? it's not like honda manufactures light bulbs. technically, all bulbs are 3rd party so the shops comment is kind of unhelpful at best.

does your car have factory original headlight housings or are they replacements?

I bought my car preused and the headlight turned off. I took it to a shop and they said the aftermarket bulb burn the wires. I was thinking about replacing the headlight with some other aftermarket parts but I don't want this to happen again. Am I using the wrong parts?

you just need to purchase some lamps that are as "cool" as you are cooleric2000!!! your gonna replace the headlight with aftermarket parts or replacement headlights? kinda sounds like you are planning on slapping a pair of 2 million candle power spots up in the headlight housing!!! alright im done joking..... what kind of bulbs did you have in it?

an aftermarket bulb shouldn't burn the wires. i mean, what exactly is an aftermarket bulb anyway? it's not like honda manufactures light bulbs. technically, all bulbs are 3rd party so the shops comment is kind of unhelpful at best.

does your car have factory original headlight housings or are they replacements?

An aftermarket bulb can cause this. If the owner used higher powered light bulbs then the amp draw on the wires could handle and then put a bigger fuse because "that always fixes a blown fuse problem" then wires can melt fast.

An aftermarket bulb can cause this. If the owner used higher powered light bulbs then the amp draw on the wires could handle and then put a bigger fuse because "that always fixes a blown fuse problem" then wires can melt fast.

All bulbs are aftermarket. Until the original thread poster gives us a little more detail on the damage and if they are using factory housings it is a complete guess as to the actual problem.

Archived