mufflers

redneck

iv been lookin around recently trying to find a better muffler for my 92 civic. i just had my exhaust system put on i have a 40 series flowmaster on now ( dont like it). i have a lil raspy noise between 2 and 300 rpm. im trying to get a deep tone kinda like a subaru ( i know it wont sound like a subaru) i have found 2 i like skunk2 megapower R and borla. know anything bout them or and better ones. ur thoughts??

iv been lookin around recently trying to find a better muffler for my 92 civic. i just had my exhaust system put on i have a 40 series flowmaster on now ( dont like it). i have a lil raspy noise between 2 and 300 rpm. im trying to get a deep tone kinda like a subaru ( i know it wont sound like a subaru) i have found 2 i like skunk2 megapower R and borla. know anything bout them or and better ones. ur thoughts??

lol 2 and 300 rpm? If you dont have a resonator on your exhaust system, find the longest and largest one you can fit and slap it on there. It will just about eliminate high pitched and raspy noises. Quiet exhausts cost money. Around $400-$600 range.

the reason the flowmaster doesnt sound good on the car is because flowmaster is for american cars :dry:

skunk 2 exhaust sound good, i like them alot.. a few of my friends have skunk 2 cat backs on their cars but none of them have a d series engine..

if you have a d series engine have fun trying to get it to have a deep tone.. d series are always highpitched and loud, b series have the deep tone... until vtec cracks lol..

just look up the exhaust you want on youtube and see what they sound like..

youtube and exhaust clips

i have been going to youtube for exhaust clips. i have a new resonator on it....dont ask what size couldent tell ya. yea i have a d15b7. with that motor i should get the biggest resonator i can stuff on her or is it not worth it till i get a diff motor??

humphries what should my idle be at? i thought it was 500 RPM??? if i member right i think she idles at 700b or 800 maby 600 i havent payed to much attention to it...

she been having some problems with it and iv been stumped on it.....

the reason the flowmaster doesnt sound good on the car is because flowmaster is for american cars :dry:

skunk 2 exhaust sound good, i like them alot.. a few of my friends have skunk 2 cat backs on their cars but none of them have a d series engine..

if you have a d series engine have fun trying to get it to have a deep tone.. d series are always highpitched and loud, b series have the deep tone... until vtec cracks lol..

just look up the exhaust you want on youtube and see what they sound like..

In regards to a d-series exhaust..Unless Boosted..Mine sounded mean as frack! Wish I had some vids..:(

In regards to a d-series exhaust..Unless Boosted..Mine sounded mean as frack! Wish I had some vids..:(

what do u have lastresort576??

what do u have lastresort576??

I was just some custom 2.5" to muffler..and it was some random one at that..I may still have it kicking around if I get a chance I'll take a look.

I was just some custom 2.5" to muffler..and it was some random one at that..I may still have it kicking around if I get a chance I'll take a look.

so unless my car is boosted it will always have that raspy noise?? is that what im understanding??

i just put on a apexi NOIR exhaust system i think it has one of the most unique sounds ,look it up on u tube , u tube gives u a good idea on some exhaust sounds,i f ur going for the sound of a h block u could get a password jdm powerchamber that give u intake roar. I think thats as close ur going to get to the sound u want. (you could always pull a spark plug because thats what subaru sounds like. A miss fire.

i just put on a apexi NOIR exhaust system i think it has one of the most unique sounds ,look it up on u tube , u tube gives u a good idea on some exhaust sounds,i f ur going for the sound of a h block u could get a password jdm powerchamber that give u intake roar. I think thats as close ur going to get to the sound u want. (you could always pull a spark plug because thats what subaru sounds like. A miss fire.

lol could but than id have a geo motor in a honda body. ok thanks guys ill take a look and see.

brian your full of sh!t. Have 2 super 40's on the boosted 93 in series, sounds awesome, but not as good as my spintech that was made for a 5L diesel.

NA D15B7 Spintech.

I need to get a better vid, but you live close so lemme know if you wanna hear it in person. But no rasp, and at higher RPM it actually mellows out compared to low and idle.

You know it sounds good when a bunch of your friends who HATE imports (and build old chevs, stangs, etc) think its one of the best sounding exhausts they have heard.

brian your full of sh!t. Have 2 super 40's on the boosted 93 in series, sounds awesome, but not as good as my spintech that was made for a 5L diesel.

NA D15B7 Spintech.

I need to get a better vid, but you live close so lemme know if you wanna hear it in person. But no rasp, and at higher RPM it actually mellows out compared to low and idle.

You know it sounds good when a bunch of your friends who HATE imports (and build old chevs, stangs, etc) think its one of the best sounding exhausts they have heard.

yea man i like it.

Archived