94 Civic EX B16a2

ChevyFoo

Got a few questions lol. I need to knoe what the motor was orignaly in, The head stamps say its from a 1994 car. Next I need to find out what the correct ECU is for this DOHC V-tec motor. I'm still running the P06 lol. Works most of the time but 60% of the time it runs like a dog. I'm thinking it's chipped since I still hit V-tec and can carry it threw 8200 rpm. can anyone help out?

b16a2 is originally from a 99-00 civic si.

i would know.

Thats what I thought, I had a guy tell me it was from a 1994 Del Sol. Were the heads from a 94 dohc motor interchangeable? Or is the stamp on the heads false?

Okay well going from what you said 99-00 civic si's what is the correct ecu for that motor? P27?

The original ecu is p2t but since you have a 94 civic ex and you say is a chipped p06 then just get a better chip and slap it on cause your obd1 car will not run the obd2 ecu unless you get a conversion harness but why in the world would you anyways. My friends uses a p72 on his and it also runs great.

Okay, Yeah the car runs good for the most part but it get all cracked out sometimes, and the engine light turns on and it'll miss fire at 4k rpm and runs insanely rich. So i've been trying to figure out if its a bad ecu or bad chip.

It could be a combo of both cause maybe the maps on the chip sucks or the person that put in the chip suck balls at chipping ecu.

Very true, Okay so I'll see if I can find a local to run a p72 chipped or maybe jusst a stock p32 chipped or a p06 chipped right haha. I wanna test them to see if i can get rid of the issue before dropping 150.00 dollars.

So see that the motor seems to be out of a 99-00 si, IT has the Tranny from the car also, so what kind of tranny is it? What V-tec is it? I'm new to hondas

Thats what I thought, I had a guy tell me it was from a 1994 Del Sol. Were the heads from a 94 dohc motor interchangeable? Or is the stamp on the heads false?

Okay well going from what you said 99-00 civic si's what is the correct ecu for that motor? P27?

b16a3 is the del sol VTEC engine. it's the same. just different block code.

you prob mean p30 cause i as far as i know theres no p32 but i could be wrong but the p30 was for a b16a3 dohc vtec from the del sol which will run it nice as well. your b16 tranny is good or to be honest i like the gsr better but thats just me cause i had a b16 tranny and first second was awesome then fracken third sucked so yee but thats just me. As for learning about v-tec theres a damn link around here thats explains how it works.

you prob mean p30 cause i as far as i know theres no p32 but i could be wrong but the p30 was for a b16a3 dohc vtec from the del sol which will run it nice as well. your b16 tranny is good or to be honest i like the gsr better but thats just me cause i had a b16 tranny and first second was awesome then fracken third sucked so yee but thats just me. As for learning about v-tec theres a damn link around here thats explains how it works.

Yeah, My third gear is starting to grind and it seems alittle bit long? it does 50-90mph lol Seems like it should be a little shorter.

okay, What some good add-on thats are cheap on the line up like headers and etc?

send it to slowmotionmotorsports.com they will chip and map it for cheap two of my buddies did this

one for a p28 AT ecu had it chipped and mapped for a MT

other was a stock eg 4door ecu that he got chipped and mapped to run his b18 both got deals on it

Archived