gauges not working

AIU

ok I have a 99 gsr that i rebuilt when the car was just a shell. I swapped in a b18c1 motor from a 2000 gsr in my car and I am using a obd2a ecu. The problem that I am having is that none of my gauges are working. I read from a few other forums that to solve this problem that I would have to use a ecu harness to convert from obd2a to to obd2b with a obd2b ecu to fix the problem. But I also know that the obd2b ecu's have an emoblizer. So I'm thinking that if I do the obd2a to obd2b convert that the car won't start because of the emobilizer. has anyone ran into this problem before or have any suggestions

Get a p72 with a conversion harness from obd2 to obd1 and they should work the only thing you will need to do is connect a wire from the tach signal to the cluster and it will work cause if do not when you rev over vtec your tach will not work.

• 1 month later...

Archived