integra brake and clutch upgrade on a civic

ok i bought my new master cylinder for the clutch and brakes for my hatch. but i was wondering. can i buy a clutch and brake master cylinder from a 97+ integra and use it on my civic? as a sort of "upgrade"?

i also hear a 97+integra brake booster will improve fluid flow and pedal feel. is this true?

also. will gsr coilovers fit on my hatch? i found a set of 4 for $100.

anyone know where i can get a del sol a/c mount besides the dealership?

fluid doesnt really FLOW in the lines.. they should be full all the time.. the master cylinder compresses the fluid in the lines and thats what makes the calipers grab the rotor... there are some equations for the force to the pedal and the area blah blah i dont feel like explaining that part

the booster just aides in the helping with the pressure.. remember when i told you if the booster goes out the pedal is as hard as a rock? like that. Also, im not for sure on this.. but i would think a bigger booster almost might make the pedal feel squishier

so i cant see a different booster being worth the money/trouble.. because they almost never go out they tend to be a little more expensive

if you really want better brakes go with SS brake lines.. they wont expand like the plasticey ones and will give a firmer pedal.. idk how much they are for your car but for mine they are like $70 or something like that

i might have an extra a/c mount also

if i knew what it looked like i would look through my 20 mounts out back lol

in all seriousness haynes blows. helms is where it's at.

But for the majority of things they are identical in TQ specs etc.

for GREAT breaks even with the smallest set-up honda offered on their civics that had 13" wheels...ATE helical slotted rotors, and Hawk HP+ pads..simply insane how quickly my car will stop. The initial bite is amazing..I also do not have SS lines.

me and david already had a long PM convo about brakes (pads/rotors) lol

ive been meaning to do SS lines to see how it changes it.. i also have hawk pads.. love em

i went brembo blanks though.. didnt need slotted.. i dont track mine enough to need them

ive been meaning to do SS lines to see how it changes it.. i also have hawk pads.. love em

i went brembo blanks though.. didnt need slotted.. i dont track mine enough to need them

On my first set of Hawks..HPS up front I rocked the brembo blanks..I warped them pretty quickly..and I got a fair amount of fad with that set-up too. I had read a few good reviews about the ATE rotors and although I would have preferred to get blanks the price was right @ $42 each and that's what tirerack.com recommended for an auto-x rotor...I upgraded the pads to the HP+ as well, and once the combo was bedded in it was like 70mph-0 in <50 feet...However VERY easy with little effort to lock them up, so until you get used to the bite it could be scary if you don't have ABS.

In the rear I've got oem blanks and the hawk HPS pads..These will soon have to be upgraded as well since the front end is diving into the corners too much resulting in the rear end getting too loose and way too much over-steer.

Eventually I'll grab some SS lines but for now, I'm content. Plus, I will be classed better once I get a b16a3 in the sol over my LS.

in all seriousness haynes blows. helms is where it's at.

But for the majority of things they are identical in TQ specs etc.

for GREAT breaks even with the smallest set-up honda offered on their civics that had 13" wheels...ATE helical slotted rotors, and Hawk HP+ pads..simply insane how quickly my car will stop. The initial bite is amazing..I also do not have SS lines.

well the O'Reillys in town carries helms manuals, but they dont have for for a dohc del sol. is there another year i can get that will cover the b16 series motors?

yes we did lol. and i talked to jason too(xeyron)

since i will never be tracking mine im not concerned about getting drilled and slotted. but itt not helping that i have solid rotors on each corner lol. the front arent even vented

On my first set of Hawks..HPS up front I rocked the brembo blanks..I warped them pretty quickly..and I got a fair amount of fad with that set-up too. I had read a few good reviews about the ATE rotors and although I would have preferred to get blanks the price was right @ $42 each and that's what tirerack.com recommended for an auto-x rotor...I upgraded the pads to the HP+ as well, and once the combo was bedded in it was like 70mph-0 in <50 feet...However VERY easy with little effort to lock them up, so until you get used to the bite it could be scary if you don't have ABS.

In the rear I've got oem blanks and the hawk HPS pads..These will soon have to be upgraded as well since the front end is diving into the corners too much resulting in the rear end getting too loose and way too much over-steer.

Eventually I'll grab some SS lines but for now, I'm content. Plus, I will be classed better once I get a b16a3 in the sol over my LS.

the only time ive ever locked tires up was with our truck. and it HAS abs...just doesnt work lol

well I have a dealer service manual for a 1995 civic del sol first edition and it includes every engine model del sol offered for '95...And to the best of my knowledge the factory service manuals are produced by helms right? It's something you'd prob have to purchase off of their web site.

BTW never purchase drilled rotors..Unless its like a wilwood big brake upgrade because unless you spend BANK on them they aren't worth crap.

Archived