3 Different indicator lights came on at the same time

steveu

I have a 2007 Honda Civic and aweek ago I was out of town and had my car in the parking lot at the hotel. That night there was a lightning storm that took out the hotels phone lines and tvs. The next morning I started my car and my ABS light, brake light and the shift indicator light is blinking. I took it to the Honda dealer and they said the only code that came back was a bad ABS modulator. They wanted to replace that for appx 1,000 and were not even sure if that would solve the issue. The car does not seem to be driving any differently but I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this. I have been trying to figure out if the ABS modulator is a difficult replacement or if the dealer should do it. Anyone have experience replacing this? Thanks in advance for the help.

Hope you didnt pay Honda for the diag. Autozone and other places give you free OBDII readouts.

My ABS system failed a while ago, I just pulled the fuse, went through 2 winters without it on Pole Position AS tires, I dont miss it.

Now, that you had a lightning storm, either your car got hit or the rain got into something and damaged a sensor. I forgot what it's called, but there is this black thing located in the fuse box under the hood that can easily get fried, its $20 online and is a cake to replace. Might be causing your issues. -Does someone know what I'm talking about?

Also, what shift indicator light? Is that the one that tells you to shift if you dont have a tech?

(

Hope you didnt pay Honda for the diag. Autozone and other places give you free OBDII readouts.

My ABS system failed a while ago, I just pulled the fuse, went through 2 winters without it on Pole Position AS tires, I dont miss it.

Now, that you had a lightning storm, either your car got hit or the rain got into something and damaged a sensor. I forgot what it's called, but there is this black thing located in the fuse box under the hood that can easily get fried, its $20 online and is a cake to replace. Might be causing your issues. -Does someone know what I'm talking about?

Also, what shift indicator light? Is that the one that tells you to shift if you dont have a tech?

The shift indicator light is what shows you what gear you are in (AT), normally is solid, but currently blinking. Side note though, I did pay honda dealer, which I know was a waste of 95 which is a whole separate topic. I was concerned at that time that it may be more severe, since the blinking shift light usually means transmission problem.

It is just very odd that they would all come on at one time. The Honda dealer was no help what so ever. I did contact my insurance and of course they need physical evidence that lightning caused the damage.

Archived