vtec problem

dkzayne

i got a 95 coupe nd i just blew up my y8 mini me well i just droped a jdm d15b nd i love it only problem is that vtec dont pop but i took the oil filler cap and both intake valves are opening which should not be doing tht i got the ecu for a d16z6 nd the only codes i throw is for all the automatic crap but it never stoped me from crossing before ive taken off the vtec stuff and its super clean nothings sticking or anything so any help would be great thanks

i got a 95 coupe nd i just blew up my y8 mini me well i just droped a jdm d15b nd i love it only problem is that vtec dont pop but i took the oil filler cap and both intake valves are opening which should not be doing tht i got the ecu for a d16z6 nd the only codes i throw is for all the automatic crap but it never stoped me from crossing before ive taken off the vtec stuff and its super clean nothings sticking or anything so any help would be great thanks

Is your ECU for a Auto, or Manual??

i checked the post you told me too and ive done all tht i tested the oil pressure and its normal also temp. is normal too and not all codes cause u to not cross vtec btw my ecu is for a auto d16z6 but it ran my d15/d6y8 fine ive tried everything i can thinkof and nothings working however i when i was cleaning the pressure switch and such i noticed that whn the solinoid goes back on the whole rod assembly seemed to get pushed all the way down

ANY CEL will cause it not to work

use the search button and find out if the ecu is causing the code

fix it

Having ECU for auto in a manual is whats causing his CEL.

ok put my boys manual p28 in and threw no codes....still didnt cross vtec? tried your thread no help either

OHMS test on wiring going from vtec solenoid to ECU?? Measure continuity??

are you absolutely positive it didnt vtec didnt crack?

in a single cam vtec engine youre not going to hear it as well as in a dohc... you might not even hear it at all, unless you have it modded or have a loud ass exhaust.... i think you might be mistaking... maybe it does crack

are you absolutely positive it didnt vtec didnt crack?

in a single cam vtec engine youre not going to hear it as well as in a dohc... you might not even hear it at all, unless you have it modded or have a loud ass exhaust.... i think you might be mistaking... maybe it does crack

I think you are on CRACK!:laugh:

i couldnt find a simpler word to say!! shut up! haha

Every damn Honda I have been in, I can feel Vtec cross over. Most times I can hear it, but mostly its feeling it, also more pronounced with SRI.

Every damn Honda I have been in, I can feel Vtec cross over. Most times I can hear it, but mostly its feeling it, also more pronounced with SRI.

i couldnt hear it, much less feel it on my auto ex civic lol

maybe the fact that it was auto has a lot to do with it?

well my mini me u could deff feel and hear i have 2.5 megan racing exhaust and cai so i can hear it from either end but i cnt figure out anything ima try to clean out everything again i didnt do tht great of a job the first time but one thing no one has addressed is the fact tht all my valvesstay open the whole time thts not supposed to happen with a vtec motor also my boys got a vafc but i have no clue how to tune any of it and if tht will make vtec *crack* lol at all trust me though for those who are trying to help i thank you all and will keep u updated as best i can

Archived