Best LightWeight Flywheel

ok since im getting a lightweight flywheel, i really dont know who to choose from.

i heard to stay away from XTD and F1 Racing.

should i choose from one of these:

should i get steel chromoly or aluminum?

ACT XACT

Fidanza Aluminum

OR a full Clutch kit

Exedy Clutch Kit

im really not to comfortable with an aluminum flywheel. seems to fragile for daily driving. so any advice or tips would be helpful. the sooner i get this the sooner i can get the crank and stuff balanced

ok since im getting a lightweight flywheel, i really dont know who to choose from.

i heard to stay away from XTD and F1 Racing.

should i choose from one of these:

should i get steel chromoly or aluminum?

ACT XACT

Fidanza Aluminum

OR a full Clutch kit

Exedy Clutch Kit

im really not to comfortable with an aluminum flywheel. seems to fragile for daily driving. so any advice or tips would be helpful. the sooner i get this the sooner i can get the crank and stuff balanced

I tried to talk you into the Exedy clutch kit, with flywheel a long time ago! However funds just were not there!:blush: I had ZERO problems with my 1st Samba with Fidenza (not sure that is spelled right) I put about 20K on it, before selling it.:wub:

Finanza lol(its ok we forgive you)

well that was for the d16. this is for my b16 lol. its not showing that they have a kit for it. i even called them.

the funds are here this time. about 250 a week to use. but its all going to be a basing n/a DD. i think ill just get this exedy:

Exedy 9.5lb

its 190 for an oem flywheel lol. so why not get a good one. i dont want to go all the way down to a 7.5, but i wanted something better than 12.5.

so i think i may just go with that

Finanza lol(its ok we forgive you)

well that was for the d16. this is for my b16 lol. its not showing that they have a kit for it. i even called them.

the funds are here this time. about 250 a week to use. but its all going to be a basing n/a DD. i think ill just get this exedy:

Exedy 9.5lb

its 190 for an oem flywheel lol. so why not get a good one. i dont want to go all the way down to a 7.5, but i wanted something better than 12.5.

so i think i may just go with that

For a whole kit not bad at all! I paid $189.99 for my kit back in like 2006-7

yeah i saw that one. but i put 20,000 miles on my car in almost a year. so i dont wanna be having to change flywheels once every year or two lol.

and i will be doing a lot of in town driving. so aluminum is probably out of the question

ACT Streetlite or Exedy lightweight?

ACT-226.xx shipped 9.5lbs

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item2c4e3095e6

Exedy 209.xx shipped 9.5lbs

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item5ad795bf31

Had nothing but good experiences with Exedy, but Act is one hell of a good company, and is even cheaper. Flip a coin! Personally I would go with the Act, just because they are more known for being into the higher performance end.

i didnt read everything mike posted but he's probably right

so anyway dont be a bitch.. aluminum is light and strong.. if it wasnt capable of DD why would your whole damn motor be made of it?

i have the fidanza/exxedy setup in mine.. clutch is still a little soft but i think its a honda thing and the other car i drive is an '04 350z so i cant compare i guess... NEVER had a problem with them

*i drive about 100 miles a day between highway and town.. NEVER had a problem with my 7 POUND flywheel.. been in there almost 2 years i believe

:)

ive been reading about 1jz's and 2jz's for like 2 hours.. and have come to no conclusion besides the 2jz doesnt seem worth the extra money unless you want oodles of power and a "dyno queen" as the bf says

i didnt feel like reading about honda clutches lol

ive been reading about 1jz's and 2jz's for like 2 hours.. and have come to no conclusion besides the 2jz doesnt seem worth the extra money unless you want oodles of power and a "dyno queen" as the bf says

Oh I just thought you said you no read anything I type!:laugh:

Had nothing but good experiences with Exedy, but Act is one hell of a good company, and is even cheaper. Flip a coin! Personally I would go with the Act, just because they are more known for being into the higher performance end.

im just gonna pay the 225 for the ACT. ive heard twice as many good reviews on it than the exedy/F1

i didnt read everything mike posted but he's probably right

so anyway dont be a bitch.. aluminum is light and strong.. if it wasnt capable of DD why would your whole damn motor be made of it?

i have the fidanza/exxedy setup in mine.. clutch is still a little soft but i think its a honda thing and the other car i drive is an '04 350z so i cant compare i guess... NEVER had a problem with them

*i drive about 100 miles a day between highway and town.. NEVER had a problem with my 7 POUND flywheel.. been in there almost 2 years i believe

:)

i wont be getting aluminum. getting chromoly cast steel.

ive heard a lot about the clutch being soft. seems to be more of a mileage or incorrect installation problem from what ive read

dyno queen? hardly. ride in a nice one and its more of a "quickest to 150+ car" some of them are dyno queens yes. but a good one is extraordinarily fast. 2jz or nothing if i ever get one(doubt it)

I got the ACT Streetlite which is like 11-12 lbs. It's a nice piece and is good for DD. It was the perfect weight for me.

im gonna be getting the ACT 9.5lb chromoly cast one. ive heard the most positive reviews from them and the least negative.

david.. please dont take any offense to this because i think your cool

but you had to ask what flywheel to get for a honda.. i dont think i would take your advice on a build platform for a supra

the 1jz and 2jz are EXTREMLY similar.. but the 2jz has more hype and a larger price tag

the 1jz from what i have been reading is quite a bit more rev happy also.. which for the racing i want to do is a great thing.. and since i only want 500 or less (all someone REALLY needs.. after a while the power gets stupid and hard to control)

no offense taken at all lol. i just repeat what ive read over the past 2 years on supraforums.net lol.

but yes 500 is a good number for a car. anything more is actually pointless.

im just a hp freak....o well haha :D

im gonna be getting the ACT 9.5lb chromoly cast one. ive heard the most positive reviews from them and the least negative.

ok I hope you have a short throw shifter and you can shift fast. I even have to shift faster so the revs dont drop too quickly.

i just installed my megan racing short throw today. gonna install a stage 2 clutch and pressure plate with all this. ill be putting in a new master cylinder for the clutch so it stops leaking. which means more fluid pressure :D

Archived