Del Sol and EG/EK HB Axleback/Catback compatibility

Scourge

I'm just about finished my K-swap and the last few things I need to finish are exhaust, brakes, shifter and getting an alignment. The only part I need help on is with the exhaust. I know the Del Sol catback piping is a little shorter but on which end? The cat end or the muffler end? Also, are the hangers in the same relative location to the middle section (the part between the two 90 degree bends)?

Here are my concerns, so that you may better understand what I'm looking for.

A K series swap header does not necessarily end where the OEM header/cat ends. The header comes out the back, not the front.

There are a lot of cheap eBay catbacks out there. I am only interested in the 2.5" piping.

If I get a Del Sol catback, will I be able to sell the N1 ricer exhaust to a Civic EG/EK owner?

If I get a more common Civic catback (probably for a hatchback because the wheelbase is just slightly longer), will the hangers work for me?

Also, if the Civic piping is longer towards the header side, it may not matter as I may have to cut anyway to fit mate with my header.

I'm leaning towards a Del Sol catback but I want to be sure I can recoup some of my costs by selling the axleback to a more common Civic EG/EK owner.

I'm just about finished my K-swap and the last few things I need to finish are exhaust, brakes, shifter and getting an alignment. The only part I need help on is with the exhaust. I know the Del Sol catback piping is a little shorter but on which end? The cat end or the muffler end? Also, are the hangers in the same relative location to the middle section (the part between the two 90 degree bends)?

Here are my concerns, so that you may better understand what I'm looking for.

A K series swap header does not necessarily end where the OEM header/cat ends. The header comes out the back, not the front.

There are a lot of cheap eBay catbacks out there. I am only interested in the 2.5" piping.

If I get a Del Sol catback, will I be able to sell the N1 ricer exhaust to a Civic EG/EK owner?

If I get a more common Civic catback (probably for a hatchback because the wheelbase is just slightly longer), will the hangers work for me?

Also, if the Civic piping is longer towards the header side, it may not matter as I may have to cut anyway to fit mate with my header.

I'm leaning towards a Del Sol catback but I want to be sure I can recoup some of my costs by selling the axleback to a more common Civic EG/EK owner.

I say custom bent piping from good shop! Cheaper, and no worries at all on all the hangers and what not!

I say custom bent piping from good shop! Cheaper, and no worries at all on all the hangers and what not!

I'm not sure if it's just me or if it's where I live but it seems most shops around here charge more than what I could buy on eBay. To me, piping is piping and kinda hard to screw up. But I think I'm going to have to search a lot harder. Maybe once the car is driveable I'll revisit this. I've only started the car once (open header + vacuum leak) and it was loud. It'll be a little while before I can drive it. I just finished bleeding the clutch and connecting my shifter cables today (shifter itself tomorrow probably). Still need to finish the brakes.

I'm not sure if it's just me or if it's where I live but it seems most shops around here charge more than what I could buy on eBay. To me, piping is piping and kinda hard to screw up. But I think I'm going to have to search a lot harder. Maybe once the car is driveable I'll revisit this. I've only started the car once (open header + vacuum leak) and it was loud. It'll be a little while before I can drive it. I just finished bleeding the clutch and connecting my shifter cables today (shifter itself tomorrow probably). Still need to finish the brakes.

Well a good example is I am getting complete exhaust from back of header to muffler tip for $300.00 installed. Way less than a quality catback only.

That's pretty cheap. I'm really after just the piping though. I have a twin-loop I'll have to get fitted to it for sure though. That's it. I've heard a few K-swap headers work with catback systems but the header is on the long side and the cat/test pipe would have to be removed. But things are looking good for me so far. :)

Archived