New Samba, New Member

j_link

Hey guys, my name is john, and as you can guess i'm new here. I just bought a 1993 Samba Del Sol SI. I am looking to keep this car original, and it is clean. I'm looking forward to sharing with the community and learning more about this great car. Little about me. I purchased this car for $1500, and I feel I got a steal on it. Everything is working and clean. I am a mechanic and love to work and tinker on cars. This was to be a project, as it did not run when i got it. After an hour in the driveway i drove it away from their house, so not much project to be done. After driving it for a few days i few in love and now i can't part with it. In fact i sold my 03 Mazda 6 to keep this car.

delsolprofile.jpg

delsolinterior.jpg

delsolengine.jpg

car looks familiar... with the clean engine bay and all lol...

either way welcome to the site

omg its a Samba invasion! Run for your life bitchess!!

Great to see another Samba!! More info! :)

*hangs head in shame*

And to think, I spent $2800 for my Samba, in far worse shape...

Anyway, welcome to HF. Pardon my drooling. :happy:

148000 on original motor.

Looks like my first Samba and 1st of now 3 Del Sol's! 1 piece of advice, do you like the 17's?? If not so much I would loose them. Go back to a 15" rim and a decent tire and you will like the ride a bit better.:)

uh oh mike looks like you got compitition with the detailing!!!

Not really, considering that one was most likely kept up on, where every one seems to like to abuse everything I get my hands on. I spend most of my time fixing, and cleaning everything PO's screw up!:crazy:

Holy crap is that car clean looking!

How many miles on it?

As always, first things first

-Clean oil, get some synthetic, Royal Purple 4tw!

-Change the transmission oil! Most people never do

-Replace air intake filter, high pressure fuel filter, cabin filter

-Change out PS, Brake and clutch fluids

-Coolant flush

Quick upgrades to improve handling, front tower bars, lower sway bars front/rear, nice tires, new shocks (if needed) dont forget to replace spring cups as well!

Holy crap is that car clean looking!

How many miles on it?

As always, first things first

-Clean oil, get some synthetic, Royal Purple 4tw!

-Change the transmission oil! Most people never do

-Replace air intake filter, high pressure fuel filter, cabin filter

-Change out PS, Brake and clutch fluids

-Coolant flush

Quick upgrades to improve handling, front tower bars, lower sway bars front/rear, nice tires, new shocks (if needed) dont forget to replace spring cups as well!

oil is new

i changed the clutch and replaced the oil in transmission while i had it out.

new air filter

new fuel filter

Post more pics of that sexy car, how does it drive? Del Slow?

I am working on more pics. I have installed an alarm and built power door locks for it over the weekend. There is on sagging spring on the driver side rear, so I am also in the process of installing Eibach Springs, so the car is torn apart right now.

As far as driving, it is great. Wish the VTEC was a little more pronounced, but I know in the SOHC you don't really feel it like in the DOHC.

Dont forget those spring cups!

Get pics of the repair process

Right now i am just going to use the regular strut mount location. Wait i know, I can hear the shouting now, you are damaging the shocks. I look at it this way. The shocks are 17 years old, and right now it cost me nothing to keep using them. Once they go out I will change all four to shocks designed for the lowered stance. But for now I am only changing the springs. One good thing about eibach, is they spend alot of time developing spriong rates properly for its application. I have used eibachs in three cars now, and all of them retained there factory ride quality. The drop on this car will be 1.8 Rear and 1.5 front, so the impact to the shocks wil be less harsh.

Right now i am just going to use the regular strut mount location. Wait i know, I can hear the shouting now, you are damaging the shocks. I look at it this way. The shocks are 17 years old, and right now it cost me nothing to keep using them. Once they go out I will change all four to shocks designed for the lowered stance. But for now I am only changing the springs. One good thing about eibach, is they spend alot of time developing spriong rates properly for its application. I have used eibachs in three cars now, and all of them retained there factory ride quality. The drop on this car will be 1.8 Rear and 1.5 front, so the impact to the shocks wil be less harsh.

Those springs are like my Teins I use. They are designed to work with stock struts, not even a 2" drop those struts will last quite some time!:)

Archived