"Noob" question :(

Should i buy my exhaust system and a short ram intake now? i plan on buying a turbo/intercooler kit someday for this car does it completely take the short ram away and theres like no point in buying it now and would it be worth it to buy new headers and dp? Turbo in mind as soon as i can afford to rebuild engine and buy all the parts(for boost)

Yea I'm a "noob" to this stuff i'm 16 years old and i have a strong passion for cars thats why i'm about to take auto classes at a tech college .

Thanks

Save up until you have enough money for everything you want. It would suck majorly if you took 2 years to get halfway done, then your car gets totalled anyways.

Plus, that gives you time to decide if you really want to do what you think you want to do.

Save up until you have enough money for everything you want. It would suck majorly if you took 2 years to get halfway done, then your car gets totalled anyways.

Plus, that gives you time to decide if you really want to do what you think you want to do.

Good advice on the whole decide if you really want it thing. But after seeing my exact car but with boost and all hooked up i'm totally set to getting a turbo eventually on my car.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I boosted my civic when I was 17 and it turned out great. I would suggest doing quite a bit of reading on here and books. haha why is he going to crash, and for the math it only takes a day to figure stuff out for basics and some help from an expert

the question is WILL he do the math.. and since he said 'when he can afford it' is honda talk for 'i have no money' i doubt the parts will be proper

I believe if you are going to do a build do it right.. or not at all

doing it right takes time, knowledge, and money... two of which he does not have

the question is WILL he do the math.. and since he said 'when he can afford it' is honda talk for 'i have no money' i doubt the parts will be proper

I believe if you are going to do a build do it right.. or not at all

doing it right takes time, knowledge, and money... two of which he does not have

+1 couldnt have said it better.

+1 pt for you

• 1 month later...

not with the builds i plan hahahah

i still think its slightly dumb to put more then ~300 in a FWD.. gets to crappy to drive.. most people just get mad at them after that

i will have to agree with you about 300 HP DelSolSweetie and ill have to say to turbo his car reliably and get a substantial horsepower gain... with parts, tuning, (assuming he can put it on himself) he is looking at $1500-$2000 low numbers.... cause in my opinion you shouldn't turbo stock internals... i know its all up to the individual but as per me i want low compression pistons with turbo... so to the noob save your money up and turbo it correctly and you can get 250+hp reliably but it will cost you $2500 or more with pistons, rods, rings, machine work, and turbo kit... but good luck man, you can get it done if you want it bad enough!

DelSolSweetie saw that you are headed to NC soon hope you enjoy it in Concord...I live in Charlotte its not too bad around here but it could be better!

i will have to agree with you about 300 HP DelSolSweetie and ill have to say to turbo his car reliably and get a substantial horsepower gain... with parts, tuning, (assuming he can put it on himself) he is looking at $1500-$2000 low numbers.... cause in my opinion you shouldn't turbo stock internals... i know its all up to the individual but as per me i want low compression pistons with turbo... so to the noob save your money up and turbo it correctly and you can get 250+hp reliably but it will cost you $2500 or more with pistons, rods, rings, machine work, and turbo kit... but good luck man, you can get it done if you want it bad enough!

DelSolSweetie saw that you are headed to NC soon hope you enjoy it in Concord...I live in Charlotte its not too bad around here but it could be better!

sweet bc im gonna be ging to college right below charlotte in a small ass town called gaffney SC. its a very small college its called limestone college. i have to go through charlotte to get there

sweet bc im gonna be ging to college right below charlotte in a small ass town called gaffney SC. its a very small college its called limestone college. i have to go through charlotte to get there

yea i used to work with some guys from gaffney, clover, chester and lancaster sc... i used to live in boonville...yadkin county just south of mount airy if you ride 601 south it takes you straight through boonville... dont know how often you have came to/through charlotte but the import scene here is pretty weak... a lot of guys love ricing up cars but few and far between are into performance/jdm or similar... wish the import scene would take off!

i have a friend from gaffney

he only goes back to visit if he has to

well actuaqlly i live in mt airy right now

but i wont be going to gaffney untill august.

Archived