06 accord auto tranny problems

bsh2005

Hello,

I have a 06 accord auto 2.4l...I started having vibration problems right before shifting at low acceleration. Then the vibration started happening while driving in the hwy. So i have my tired replaced, but that didnt work. My joints and tierods are good. soi replaced my pass axle siince thats where most of the vibration was coming from. It stopped the shifting vibration, but still have vibrations in the hwy. i realized that the inner cv has alot of game inside the tranny. sio i replace my tranny and the pass side is fine bu now its my driver side that vibrates before shifting and while driving so i replaced the driver side axle but still have the same problems and now it has a new noise with the new axle it clap noise when i put it in reverse or drive while the brake is on. I lift the car and run it in the air and i can see my driver side axle vibrating bad but not my tires, and its just gets worse but i dont see why everything is tight . all mounts are good. runs beautiful except the vibration any ideas ive been looking around but nothing.

Thank you!!!

You might have play in the differential carrier bearing.

Yes i agree, it just really sucks cuz i changed my old tranny for the same reason.. I guess i gotta figure out how too change that bearing..

Thank you for your help!!!

You can do it extrenally (very carefully) with a slide hammer, but it best way is to remove the tranny and re-build. That is how I do them. I am not quite sure what you mean for vibration. Is it something you are feeling, something you are hearing or both? If it is something that you are hearing (and possibly feeling) at the same time then I would be looking at the exhaust system. When the engine torques under load (a.k.a. applying gas at low speed) the exhaust must flex with the engine. If there is an issu within the system there is a chance that can cause you vibration. This is not common on your generation, but it is something that you can obviously look at yourself without spending any money. Good luck....

Archived