Is my accord normal?

johnyang

Hi Guys,

I am new to honda accord, although had some driving experience with previous accord models. I bought this 2009 honda accord LX five months ago, and now it has around 3000 miles on it. Two problems have been bothering me:

1) the car is 4 cylinder, but the gas mileage is really bad! I got 17 MPG in city. That's the same with an SUV!!!

2) the acceleration of this car is really bad, with annoying engine noise!!! I once drove a 2006 LX model, its performance was much much better.

Anyone driving a 2009 accord here? Is this normal? Anyway, I will take the car to the dealership.

Thank you very much for reading this message!!!

Thank you for your reply!

No, anything else seems normal. No warning or anything.

Sounds like something is definitely wrong.

You don't have any engine warning lights on or anything?

Hi Guys,

I am new to honda accord, although had some driving experience with previous accord models. I bought this 2009 honda accord LX five months ago, and now it has around 3000 miles on it. Two problems have been bothering me:

1) the car is 4 cylinder, but the gas mileage is really bad! I got 17 MPG in city. That's the same with an SUV!!!

2) the acceleration of this car is really bad, with annoying engine noise!!! I once drove a 2006 LX model, its performance was much much better.

Anyone driving a 2009 accord here? Is this normal? Anyway, I will take the car to the dealership.

Thank you very much for reading this message!!!

It's under warranty. Take it back to the dealership.

well to be honest 17mpg in an automatic pending how you drive is actually very likely.

Also how are you getting your fuel economy readings?

well to be honest 17mpg in an automatic pending how you drive is actually very likely.

Also how are you getting your fuel economy readings?

I drive the car like a baby, rarely push the pedal too hard.

I was not aware of the gas mileage before at all actually until last time. I added 10 gallons of gas when the fuel empty light was on, and I read 167 miles when the light came back again.

that wont get you a very good reading

What you need to do is fill the tank.

drive till light comes on

fill tank again

subtract fill2 from fill1

then take the milage driven between fill ups and divide the difference of fill2 and fill1

do this 5-10 times, take the average

that will give you a much more accurate reading

using the method you used, you can be off by ALOT (up to 50%)

that wont get you a very good reading

What you need to do is fill the tank.

drive till light comes on

fill tank again

subtract fill2 from fill1

then take the milage driven between fill ups and divide the difference of fill2 and fill1

do this 5-10 times, take the average

that will give you a much more accurate reading

using the method you used, you can be off by ALOT (up to 50%)

Thanks! I will try that.

I always thought learning how to correctly determine fuel mileage was a prerequisite for getting a drivers license. Not to be overly negative, but this guy is not the first who has posted here that obviously has the intelligence to have a job to make enough money for a nice car, yet somehow doesn't understand basic vehicle math.

Archived