h22 swap

i got a 92 civic new project it got jus sohc im mos likely gonna drop h22 in it, dont see alot of cars wit the h22 swap its a big motor goin into a light car so should b pretty quick any imput on this plz let me no

It may be a big engine but it weighs a lot! A b swap would be better b18c5 b16a2? Idk what your looking for. I have looked into this as well but if your going for a swap h22 isn't the way to go. To heavy ;)

• 2 months later...

It may be a big engine but it weighs a lot! A b swap would be better b18c5 b16a2? Idk what your looking for. I have looked into this as well but if your going for a swap h22 isn't the way to go. To heavy ;)

i will have to agree....yet disagree....if you want a motor that you are gonna have to keep putting money into drop a H22 or hell go for a H23 blue top....but if you are wanting something dependable and reasonable price drop in a K20 type s... dont go type r the type s is great all around swap... lower compression ratio makes it a GREAT turbo candidate... b series is good selection (actually what im building) but if i were you id go K series... plus vDerickv has a good point... without some nice coilovers and energy suspension i dont think you would be happy with the handling with the extra front end weight... but good luck with whatever you decide on... just pick something and stick with it or else you'll waste a lot of money!

i got a 92 civic new project it got jus sohc im mos likely gonna drop h22 in it, dont see alot of cars wit the h22 swap its a big motor goin into a light car so should b pretty quick any imput on this plz let me no

Is your keyboard missing a few parts? Or are you?

Is your keyboard missing a few parts? Or are you?

EPIC!

And for the last f-ing time. An H swap weighs 50 pounds more then the stock engine. STOP SAYING THEY ARE TOO HEAVY! Jesus Christ, bitching about the weight of an H22 yet suggesting to install a K, which actually weighs 50 pounds more then the H22. :crazy:

EPIC!

And for the last f-ing time. An H swap weighs 50 pounds more then the stock engine. STOP SAYING THEY ARE TOO HEAVY! Jesus Christ, bitching about the weight of an H22 yet suggesting to install a K, which actually weighs 50 pounds more then the H22. :crazy:

And costs almost double. Just get a CF hood to help even it out.

or relocate the battery if someone is that paranoid. battery weighs about 30 pounds, the shift from front to rear is equivalent to 60 pounds of adjustment.

or relocate the battery if someone is that paranoid. battery weighs about 30 pounds, the shift from front to rear is equivalent to 60 pounds of adjustment.

I've thought about doing that, but the battery helps block the air filter from the engine heat. Plus it would be a PITA to jumpstart it.

battery in the trunk would be no more difficult to jump then the front. as for blocking heat: Wat?

Yeah it keeps the filter more isolated. It blocks it. I just think running all the wires and or adding something new to the battery would be a motherfuker.

EPIC!

I WAS WRONG! :(

well i wll admit that i was misinformed because i have heard that H22's were heavier than that... but i still think they are more than 50 lbs heavier but anyway... i digress..... Velocifero i will start by saying that the carbon fiber hood (will reduce weight) and is a good point... but then you kept going and you dissappointed me with the "block the engine heat"??? huh? but yea it might involve more work but that is why you run spare wires while you are relocating it!!! but im a big supporter or removing your a/c, power steering, all those unnecessary luxuries honda piles in the engine bay!!! so i think that relocating battery is a great idea!

I WAS WRONG! :(

well i wll admit that i was misinformed because i have heard that H22's were heavier than that... but i still think they are more than 50 lbs heavier but anyway... i digress..... Velocifero i will start by saying that the carbon fiber hood (will reduce weight) and is a good point... but then you kept going and you dissappointed me with the "block the engine heat"??? huh? but yea it might involve more work but that is why you run spare wires while you are relocating it!!! but im a big supporter or removing your a/c, power steering, all those unnecessary luxuries honda piles in the engine bay!!! so i think that relocating battery is a great idea!

And a lot of work, good luck with that. I have many things running to the battery. Running all the mess to the trunk is a pain in the ass. And the battery does protect the filter a little from heat and what other debris might fry in from the grill or under the car from the road.. It keeps its little corner of the engine bay...well isolated.

just put a distribution block in the front end, run your main feed to the trunk and attach your ground in the back.

It's only 20-30 lbs. It's not like it's going to handle any better or make the distro 50/50.

velocifero i take it that is your car in the pic? if so clean car man...im not a big accord fan but i'll give credit where credit is due...nice car! but i will agree< moving the battery is a lot of work... dont really know why you would relocate the battery unless you were planning on a really aggressive tuck/engine bay clean up... which im in the process of tucking and de-cluttering the engine bay on my integra anyone ever heard any bad happenings from using a acidic battery inside the car? everyone keeps telling me, "you better put a gel battery in there" blah blah blah... yet i have a friend with a rx-7 running a corvette motor...duralast gold sitting behind his seat...no problems from it....but i wanna hear other proof opinions or facts on the matter....

velocifero i take it that is your car in the pic? if so clean car man...im not a big accord fan but i'll give credit where credit is due...nice car! but i will agree< moving the battery is a lot of work... dont really know why you would relocate the battery unless you were planning on a really aggressive tuck/engine bay clean up... which im in the process of tucking and de-cluttering the engine bay on my integra anyone ever heard any bad happenings from using a acidic battery inside the car? everyone keeps telling me, "you better put a gel battery in there" blah blah blah... yet i have a friend with a rx-7 running a corvette motor...duralast gold sitting behind his seat...no problems from it....but i wanna hear other proof opinions or facts on the matter....

Why yes it is my car. Thanks man! I think people say that because those types of batteries leak. I have a gel type in my car and it does not leak.

Archived