cant seem to find any answers on b16 vs h22

ok i called brian but im in class and cant answer phone, but i wanted to get more info for a future swap.

what would be technically faster/cheaper to swap into a EG hatch

**keep in mind the swaps will stay stock, aside from basic bolt ons and maybe lightweight flywheels

a b16a motor. OR a h22a

they will be street driven, almost guaranteed to never see any track time.

any input is welcome

i know with the h22 i will most likely lost a/c and that i hear ill need two different axle set ups or something like that.

i plan to shoot for 200whp for the b16 and 220-225 for the h22.

im asking because there is a h22 swapped Eg hatch and a b16 Eg hatch running around town now. mouthy little high school runts.

Does it have to be one of those two? If it was possible I'd try and get a GSR or LSVtec.

B16 has always been the runt of the B series family, But it would be better than the H22. I've only heard bad things about the H series transmission, (never owned one though) I know they don't like power being thrown at them. If i was set on a h22 I'd try to get the adapter plate to bolt a B series tranny to it.

H2B..H2D..whatever you want to do. B16 is a waste of time..I know it doesn't take much torque to move a tiny Honda but when it's got damn near the same torque rating as a d-series engine..

Does it have to be one of those two? If it was possible I'd try and get a GSR or LSVtec.

B16 has always been the runt of the B series family, But it would be better than the H22. I've only heard bad things about the H series transmission, (never owned one though) I know they don't like power being thrown at them. If i was set on a h22 I'd try to get the adapter plate to bolt a B series tranny to it.

i almost did a lsvtec, but i just want something i can drop in without having to have it tuned.ill be doing a H2B. probably the b16 transmission.

gsr swaps are great, but im not going to pay that much. for a used short block around here people are wanting 1500+ and thats with 100,000 miles

H2B..H2D..whatever you want to do. B16 is a waste of time..I know it doesn't take much torque to move a tiny Honda but when it's got damn near the same torque rating as a d-series engine..

thats what im still debating...ill have to rev the piss out of it just to make power. didnt reallywant to do that

no matter what you pick it'll probably have to be tuned because of the wiring and what not

only time they dont need tuned is like with mine.. direct swap.. plug and play

(at least from my experience of people swapping b's and h's in there stuff around here.. unless its pretty much a replacement they dont run right)

Archived