2002 Honda Accord Body Kit

I am brand new to these forums so I apologize if these questions have been asked before.I recently purchased a 2002 Honda Accord 4 door. I have several questions involving body kits. I have researched them quite a bit, so now I am looking for recommendations.

1. In your personal opinion do body kits work well on 4 door cars?

2. Can you get the kits in custom colors, to avoid having the kit painted to match the car?

3. Are there quality kits that can be installed yourself or should all kits be installed by a professional regardless?

4. What brands have you found that are quality but also reasonable in price?

5. Several people have told me a lip kit might work better with my car. Is this a smarter route to take?

I have always enjoyed cars, but when it comes to actually modifying them I have no experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 years later...

Now, it depends. What kind of body kit are you considering doing? Don't do anything too flashy, or in your face. Do something subtle. Now to answer your questions:

1. Personally, I've never seen anyone do it.

2. It would be extremely hard to match the color, if you've gotten the car painted before. Usually, you get kits delivered unpainted anyway.

3. If you know what you're doing and have done it before, any kit would apply. Just be careful.

4. That depends. I do not have a body kit, and have never considered it. Do you want fiberglass, or urethane parts? Fiberglass is cheaper, but doesn't hold up in crashes. Urethane is the opposite.

5. Yes, it is. While a body kit can cost up to $1000, lip kits, depending on what you want, are cheaper, and look better, generally. You can get cf lips, or fiberglass, or urethane.

Those are my answers, you don't have to listen to me, I'm just trying to help. And if you want a body kit, do some research about it.

Archived