deltegra?!?! I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

JDMB16A-DELSOL

Ok so i have a 95' delsol B16A full motor build... but... i became to much for my front brakes to bear. so i crashed it. an not its time to fix it back up an get driven again for the nice weather.... but i want to do something different.. i want a interga (94) front end on my car? i have a 94integra at my house so i got the parts to do it already. So i need to know what all.... an i mean ALL NEEDS TO BE DONE TO DO THIS TO MAKE IT WORK. So PLEASE HELP!!!! an pics would be great too!!!..

P.S i know that alot of people out there dont like the converstions an think it crapy an all... but I dont care they alsol say that that person must have wanted the other car they changed the front to look like an blaa blaa blaa.... thats not it.. thats not it at all!!! ... my 5year old Bro can buy a body kit an put it on an make it look nice but how many of those do u see? let me answer ALOT!!!!! slash front lips an carbon hoods an HIDs to make them look good... an im not raging on that cause it does look great! i love when people do that an do it right!! it makes that car look bad ass if done right!... but I am tired of the same old same old front lips make an body kits an HIDs... i want to be DIFFERENT!!!! the key word DIFFERENT!!! not something Im not but DIFFERENT cause everyone can save some money an get a lip but not everyone an completly change the front end an make heads spin!!!!

Soooo with that all said can someone please tell me the steps an what I need to make this happen a 95' DelSol with a 94' integra front end. THANK YOU!!!

From the sound of your problem the failure in your car was not the front brakes but what resided between the steering wheel and seat.

Not only does no one here particularly care for front end conversions, but you won't find any sympathizers for hids or body kits either. An integra front end on a del sol won't make my head spin, it will make me retch.

As for the actual conversion: you have everything you need if you have the whole car. I haven't done it myself but this is what I would do: Cut all four fenders in half, graft the front of the teg fenders to the back of the sol fenders. compare the core support from the two front ends. If the teg front is to different then sol front cut that off and attach the teg core support.

pretty much what xeryon said. cut fenders in 1/2, weld them, cut off old core support, weld in teggy one.

You will need to custom fab some hood hinges tho.

and honestly teggy front end on sol is no bueno in my book, the only 2 that look halfway decent imo is an eg front end and a s2k.

(From the sound of your problem the failure in your car was not the front breaks but what resided between the steering wheel and seat.)

wrong.. when doing about 160 to 170 an haven to come to a stop with in about 500yrds an u have drum brakes still u tend to burn them an brake the pad off the backing...an then crap dont work to well. lol but i changed that now ... after the fact lol

(but you won't find any sympathizers for hids or body kits either)

Im sure 90% of everyone on here has eather added a lip body kit or an HID kit of some kind to there car.... an im sure u most likely have one of thos on ur car... if not im surprized!

question for u do u see a front end converstion on ANY car or truck everyday? 9 times out of 10 no... how about in a month? then again most likely not ... but do u see someone with a lip kit or a body kit or an HID kit everyday? 9 times out of 10 yes they r EVERYWHERE!!!! even i have one on my hatch (body kit, HID kit)...

look im not trying to bag on anyone that does it but im trying to change things up do something that isnt seen everyday.. somthing DIFFERENT

(honestly teggy front end on sol is no bueno in my book, the only 2 that look halfway decent imo is an eg front end and a s2k. )

for sure i agree an i would do that if i had a junk one sitting at my house but i have a integra doing nothing here thats not worth the head ach to fix.. that is why i am useing it. But i think it looks good its Different witch is my whole goal to make it different an shake it up a bit.. i seen on the net some crap converstions an only like 2 good ones an thats why i think no one likes the integra front on them , not to many good ones out there an done right so u cant see lines

Unless you were on a race track and driving 160 any failure is entirely the failure is the driver. That car wasn't designed for that speed and neither is the street.

I thoroughly loled at the newb telling we what the regular forum users have installed on their cars. You have been here, what? One day? Unbeknown to you you have just stumbled onto the most visual modification hateful crowd on the internet. Out of 40-50 regular members there are 2-3 people with lips, 2 with body kits and 0 with HIDs. We do have two with Del Sol converted to EG front ends that both turned out well. Listen to cmgogo and any advice he has to give. His isn't painted yet but is near perfect in assembly.

cmgogo and delsol sweetie both have conversions and they are both friends of mine, but that doesn't change the fact that any time I see a front end conversion it makes me cringe. pure ug on all fronts. just not my thing and I certainly have no interest in seeing or owning one myself

To be honest, on this site I probably have 2 of the most modified cars.

A 95 delsol s (sovlic)

and a 93 si turbo.

There is a threshold for modification, the object is to make it clean, and with purpose.

All modifications I have done to both sols are completely with purpose, from the civic front end (I bought the car for 500 with a totaled front end), the HIDs (civic headlights suck, but I hate halos, so i have some 1pc tyco lights).

On both cars however the modifications you dont see are the ones that count. For every cosmetic modification there are 10-15 performance mods that have been done.

Also realize a front end conversion is NOT cheap.

To do the conversion (since you have the main parts) is going to cost 200-500 (materials)

and ultimately the paint (mine is going to run me about 2500 in labour and 500 in materials)

Also you need to be a skilled welder to get it done right. The fenders are a real PITA to weld, they are super thin, burn through easily, and warp VERY easily.

So make sure its something you want to do, and plan on not having the car for a month or so, unless you go balls out like I did when I did my first one (if i remeber right 42 hours straight working, no naps, no breaks, just work)

kid is full of crap

him or the car wouldnt be here if he wrecked doing 160.. along with the fact that he is obviously stupid for not knowing the first 2 things to do to a car is a suspension/brake upgrade.. AND that he had an S model del in the first place it WOULD NOT stop in 500 yards doing that speed... I doubt he has the skill to actually do a front end conversion..

he probably doesnt have a welder.. or know how to use one properly

AND del sols are not exactly capable of doing 160.. they start getting super light in the front at about 115... the del sol IS NOT designed for those speeds.. and since kid already said he has no kind of kit that excludes the idea that he MIGHT have some kind of aero stuff on there

and if he wrecked doing over like 50 he probably tore up the frame anyway so this whole thread is pointless

(I see a front end conversion it makes me cringe)

the two biggest words in this is ( I an ME )... thats u not everyone cause there r alot of people that like crap like that cause its DIFFERENT!!!!!! ... ok im so sure that there is not even close to only 40 or 50 people on honda forum that i would bet 1,000$..... an im sure u dont know have of all of them. so how the hell do u know?.... an from the sounds of u ur a shut up an not a put up.. i would love to see u get in the driver set of my hatch an try an drive it even 20feet with out f**king something up cause from the sounds of things of what ur talking u dont do crap to ur car.. u dont do visual modification cause u hate it.... an it sounds like ur a scared little kid that wont go fast so ur motor must be stock... ooo wait thats right i forgot u have a fartcan on ur car so u add like 10horse power in the powerband and an intake so u added another like 200hp... i forgot.. my bad.. UR A PRO TUNER NOW!!!

an for the newb thing yea i just got on to get info on something i havent done befor. im sure there are alot of things u havent done and looked at what people said about it befor u did it.... all i wanted was some help finding out some steps... an i run into an as*hol* like u...

p.s an when i crashed the car i was raceing a z06 if u know what that is... at lest i have the balls to try an put up an not be in the B***h seat like u.. an when the car hit i was only doing about 50kmh.... o i forgot ur a little boy ur going to think thats 50mph but its not its close to 35mph.... so i dont think its the drivers misstake so how about learn befor u talk!!! i wasnt comming on here to pick a fight but i see some people do like u!!

p.s an when i crashed the car i was raceing a z06 if u know what that is... at lest i have the balls to try an put up an not be in the B***h seat like u.. an when the car hit i was only doing about 50kmh.... o i forgot ur a little boy ur going to think thats 50mph but its not its close to 35mph.... so i dont think its the drivers misstake so how about learn befor u talk!!! i wasnt comming on here to pick a fight but i see some people do like u!!

now i KNOW your full of crap

lol

I can tell just from the few posts youve made you dont know a damn thing about racing.. first give away is that you put some much stock in a hondas abilitys... i love my honda but I also know it will NEVER be the fastest/best built car at the track.. the majority of hondas were never made to be race cars

and dont talk about xeyron.. you know nothing about him and he is obviously more mature then you.. so how about you run over to hondatech.. you'll fit in better there with your JDM bs

To be honest, on this site I probably have 2 of the most modified cars.

A 95 delsol s (sovlic)

and a 93 si turbo.

There is a threshold for modification, the object is to make it clean, and with purpose.

All modifications I have done to both sols are completely with purpose, from the civic front end (I bought the car for 500 with a totaled front end), the HIDs (civic headlights suck, but I hate halos, so i have some 1pc tyco lights).

On both cars however the modifications you dont see are the ones that count. For every cosmetic modification there are 10-15 performance mods that have been done.

Also realize a front end conversion is NOT cheap.

To do the conversion (since you have the main parts) is going to cost 200-500 (materials)

and ultimately the paint (mine is going to run me about 2500 in labour and 500 in materials)

Also you need to be a skilled welder to get it done right. The fenders are a real PITA to weld, they are super thin, burn through easily, and warp VERY easily.

So make sure its something you want to do, and plan on not having the car for a month or so, unless you go balls out like I did when I did my first one (if i remeber right 42 hours straight working, no naps, no breaks, just work)

Don't forget that infamous Integra bodyline you have to work into the smooth, bubbliness of the Del Sol fender.

(him or the car wouldnt be here if he wrecked doing 160.. along with the fact that he is obviously stupid for not knowing the first 2 things to do to a car is a suspension/brake upgrade.. AND that he had an S model del in the first place it WOULD NOT stop in 500 yards doing that speed)

i didnt carsh at 150mph i crashed at ruffly between 45 an 35mph an i dont have a pease of crap s motor eather i have a JDM B16A built i had that motor from my crx that got rear ended by some old B***h... i didnt have the delsol for more then a week befor puting in the motor. an i didnt have a new kit for the rearend for the fact the one on my crx got all busted up... or it would have been the first thing on the car.

(him or the car wouldnt be here if he wrecked doing 160.. along with the fact that he is obviously stupid for not knowing the first 2 things to do to a car is a suspension/brake upgrade.. AND that he had an S model del in the first place it WOULD NOT stop in 500 yards doing that speed)

i didnt carsh at 150mph i crashed at ruffly between 45 an 35mph an i dont have a pease of crap s motor eather i have a JDM B16A built i had that motor from my crx that got rear ended by some old B***h... i didnt have the delsol for more then a week befor puting in the motor. an i didnt have a new kit for the rearend for the fact the one on my crx got all busted up... or it would have been the first thing on the car.

I call BS on a JDM B16 running a buck sixty as well, especially not on any type of B16 tranny be it from from an SI or a CTR. They don't have the gear for it. Not to mention the Del Sol is a pig, even to be a two-seater. B16's lack torque, the thing that pushes (or in FWD's case) pulls the vehicle along.

LOL he's claiming his car is making 306 horsepower..

A B16 making those numbers.. LOL. Better have some sheets and photo's to back those claims.

(Don't forget that infamous Integra bodyline you have to work into the smooth, bubbliness of the Del Sol fender. )

yea i know i sent that an was trying to think of away to take care of that with out need a crap load of mud on it..... see why cant people be nice like this guy?

thank you!!!!

no crap it was dumb an i found out didnt I? yes i did... i should have waited for the brakes to come in but was in to much of a hury to drive.. i do have papers to back it up an videos of the speedo too but i dont have them on the computer.

an i would call BS too cause of the tranny too but i changed the 5th gear in the trany from the ITR to the LS 5th to give me alonger gearing to increes the top end puls a LSD witch helps alot an an overhall of the other bearings an gears.

this thread is so full of damn fail...

ben, do work.

sarah is right, if you knew half of what you are saying, you would have upgraded brakes/suspension before doing anything else.

and i wouldnt be talking sh1t to the regulars here, especiallywith you being a fresh noob. its a good way to get this thread locked and you a permanent vacation from here.

my B16 is not stock the only stock parts in an on the motor is the block ,sleevs an valve cover... evering else is aftermarket all the way to the flywheel bolts. an the trany bearings an gears other then the ls 5th r the only stock parts.

hate to say it, but you really sound like your full of BS.

If you have these things, then you would be proud of em, and take pics of them and boast about what youve done, usualy the people that dont have pics are full of sht.

look to be truthful i dont care about brakes an if u beleave me or not.... all i wanted to know was what was the steps for converting my delsol font to an integra.... i dont give a rats as2 about brakes or motors or body kits or anything else to that mater.... all i care about is what i need to do to make the font end converstion... thats why i joined to try an get help with the converstion thats all i wanted... i dont care if im a newb or w.e i dont care if u like it or not... cause that u an not me an im not trying to be mean. all i wanted to know is what needs to be done cause this is one thing i have never tried to do or thought about doing till now?

ssssooooo with that said thats all i want to know an talk about here an if not then tank you for ur time.

Archived