Question

illaaf

So I have a friend that always asks this question. He says you can learn a lot about people from their answer, so I thought it would be interesting to ask a bunch of random strangers.

If you have one super power what would it be?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have one super power what would it be?

Interesting question, I have never thought of what it would be like to only have one super power. I don't know whether to pick from the super powers I have or imagine one that I don't have, hmmm.

I guess I would have to pick a super ability to control cellular activity in other organisms, I could spend all day curing disease.

(copied and pasted from my blog)

1. The ultimate know it all. Not necessarily omniscient, but having at least enough education and knowledge to answer random trivia and be able to do & say things that people might not expect, to teach and to be able to fix almost anything. It would be like if I went in for a 4 year degree, I already knew everything so I could get it done within a year, or something like that. I could try my hand at anything, and never fail because I'd already have learned what I needed to know about it and I'd already know how to do it in theory. I could be like a walking encyclopedia. But I wouldn't want to be pompous or obnoxious about it- nor would I want to take it all for granted either like so many people do when they know they're smarter than others.

2. Being able to divide myself. You know, the same way that a single cell can split itself into two? (it's been too long since biology classes. I think it's called cell division?) Yeah... I'd like to be able to do that some days. It would make life a whole lot easier. It's not cloning since I'd like to be able to put all the multiples back together again and be just one person when they're not needed. Think... flubber. lol. Only without the bouncing, the green slime, and spontaneous dancing- okay, spontaneous dancing wouldn't be a bad thing on occasion. Sometimes, 24 hours in a day just isn't long enough to get everything done that you need to do. Having more of myself would mean that I could get everything done, AND I could work 10 different jobs at once and have hundreds of dollars coming into my accounts in a week so I'd never have to worry about not being able to afford the things I want and need.

^Gorden would have fun with #2. 10 on 1 orgy, yum

this was the response I got from him on that entry...

Being the resident nerd and comic guru...

The 2 options you've picked are actually 2 popular abilities from the DC and Marvel universes respectively. The "smarty-pants power" is referred to as having a 12th Level Intelligence. There are a few prominent characters in the DCU with this ability; Braniac, Braniac V, and the most well known villain ... LEX LUTHOR. As for your cell-division (I think you're looking for the term mitosis) power, that belongs to Jamie Madrox from the Marvel family. While shown as a villain of sorts in the movie X3, he's associated with the heroes in the comic books (X-Factor Investigations, Muir Island X-Men, X-Factor, X-Corps, X-Corporation, Fallen Angels, Nasty Boys, and S.H.I.E.L.D.). The power is referred to as Self-Duplication and is the "ability to create perfect duplicates, or "dupes", of himself, and all items on his person (clothing, weaponry, et cetera) through impact when he absorbs kinetic energy (although this sometimes has happened at will) through an unknown process. Most of the time, this is caused by him snapping his fingers, stomping his foot, being struck, or collisions. Each of the duplicates has the exact same power as Jamie himself, and has independent thought, though Madrox "Prime" is usually telepathically and empathically linked to the dupes. His powers have, at least once, been shown to affect the actual design of the shirt he was wearing.

Jamie "Prime" can absorb a dupe, back into himself at will, which also makes him osmose the memories, knowledge, and skills of the duplicate. The dupe usually appears right beside the body it "springs" from.

Jamie was formerly unable to control the duplication process, wearing a special shock-absorbent synthetic stretch fabric costume that contained mechanisms that absorbed kinetic energy so that an army of Madroxes would not instantly appear every time he was struck. The original suit was designed by his father, Dr. Daniel Madrox, and later modified by Reed Richards. Jamie currently wears a stylized shirt with only six large green shock-absorbent pads on the front of the torso. Whether this indicates a greater degree of control over when his dupes manifest or simply an advance in technology (or if it is simply an ordinary shirt with the same design) is unclear, but shirt designs can also change when duplicates are created sometimes." (wikipedia)

I know I'm a nerd and that's probably way more information than you could ever want on the matter. It was easier (and faster) to copy and paste that section other than trying to recall it all from memory and typing it out.

yeah... he might have a slight comic book obsession..

I want one super power: to know everything in the world whenever I want (not just all in my head...know them when I want to know)

I'd know how to help everyone else...my family...my friends...you guys...everyone...

This way I would know exactly what business to start that would be successful so that I won't have to work at a desk job as an engineer...

and I would know how to create opportunities for everyone around the world so that hunger wouldn't kill people anymore... "teach them how to fish instead of fishing for them"

I'd know how to find Osama and crew so that this stupid war would stop...

I'd know how to design a car that would run on trash and exhaust out nothing but clean air (LOL)...

so many things......

I want one super power: to know everything in the world whenever I want (not just all in my head...know them when I want to know)

I'd know how to help everyone else...my family...my friends...you guys...everyone...

This way I would know exactly what business to start that would be successful so that I won't have to work at a desk job as an engineer...

and I would know how to create opportunities for everyone around the world so that hunger wouldn't kill people anymore... "teach them how to fish instead of fishing for them"

I'd know how to find Osama and crew so that this stupid war would stop...

I'd know how to design a car that would run on trash and exhaust out nothing but clean air (LOL)...

so many things......

What if you got this power and the only thing you gained in knowledge was that people can only help themselves, businesses survive on a good helping of luck, some people don't like fish, Osama is being hidden by the US government, and cars running on trash is impossible? Imagine knowing this and trying to convince people of it, but then you already would know you cannot convince people of something they refuse to believe. Scientist would continue to slave away on the "trash car" despite your pleas to have them refocus their energies, wars would continue despite your insistance that the end is not a justification of the means, people would still starve, and there you would be...tortured by your endless knowledge.

Nice power, I would pass on that one.

Wow, you guys are lame, jk.

I would pick mind manipulation, that way you could always get what you want. I probably would be a villian tho..........

My friend says that depending on what you pick it tells a lot about personality. If you pick a power that is more bad then good, then you are more on the evil side and vice versa.

the ability to polymorph, to turn into anything I wanted, kinda like Odo from deep space 9 (that way I could turn into a bird and fly, then a fish and swim, then a statue made of titanium if i was getting shot at)

maybe even a pair of allisons panties ;) buahaha

the ability to polymorph, to turn into anything I wanted, kinda like Odo from deep space 9 (that way I could turn into a bird and fly, then a fish and swim, then a statue made of titanium if i was getting shot at)

maybe even a pair of allisons panties ;) buahaha

or a giant penis so you could fk her

^ you pick mind manipulation because you have no control over anything. you feel the need for everyone do to what you want and pay attention to you. lulz

Controlling people want all that...no offense to illaaf...

What about the power to travel in time? I'd travel to the future and come back and win the lottery so that I could spend all day having *fun* hahaha

I wanted to be able to fly, no doubt about it. I was asked this before, and people though this super-power was lame, what's the point in flying, they said.. But I'm glad some of the guys here understand the freedom that it gives us.

Controlling people want all that...no offense to illaaf...

What about the power to travel in time? I'd travel to the future and come back and win the lottery so that I could spend all day having *fun* hahaha

No offense taken, I said I was an evil ba$tard already. I know what I am. I don't try to hide anything about myself.

Now the real question to everyone that answered, is how long did it take for you to think about your answer? And if it took longer than a second, what was the very first thing that came to mind, because that is the true answer.

i read half the post and already knew my answer lulz

The truth is always what comes first to the mind. It is a good question tho. You guys should ask your friends. It will give a lot of insight. It is a much better in person question because you can see their true reactions.

Archived