Sooo its time for something new...

diablo2dusk

As of the other day i got some really bad rod knock due to oil starvation, been reading a lot and i guess its a very common occurance in the newer STi motors. All in all im going to get it all fixed and cut my losses with it since im pretty much broke now being in school. Going to throw the wrx up for sale and looking to get something else fairly stock and more reliable. Looking into either getting a audi s4 b5, or an early 2000's TT. Any suggestions?

That's frustrating. I didn't know the Audi S4 B5 existed; I really only know Honda. I just read the specs on Wikipedia for that car and see that it is essentially everything I have ever dreamed of for my 1997 Honda Accord EX-V6 but realistically will never do: four cams, variable valves (intake only), twin turbo, AWD, 6-spd manual, twin intercoolers, 225 tires, 12-1/4 inch rotors in the front, and electronic stability control. angry.gif

Except for the lack of Honda 5th Gen Accord styling on the S4 B5, that car is awsome. IMO, my Accord still looks sexier, but under the hood, that S4 is tities.

As of the other day i got some really bad rod knock due to oil starvation, been reading a lot and i guess its a very common occurance in the newer STi motors. All in all im going to get it all fixed and cut my losses with it since im pretty much broke now being in school. Going to throw the wrx up for sale and looking to get something else fairly stock and more reliable. Looking into either getting a audi s4 b5, or an early 2000's TT. Any suggestions?

what year motor did you have? its really not a common occurance...07 and up the factory tune for the sti motor was crap, causing lean conditions and broken ringlands. your motor shouldnt have had oil starvation unless you a) didnt put oil in it (they do tend to eat oil FYI) or b) a broken pickup tube. im kinda out of the loop, im guessing you had an sti swapped wrx?

Cheap reliable, and has balls?

Volvo S60R

300bhp, awd, 6speed manual, on the fly biasing for the diff, rides like a dream, around 11k, and fun as hell to drive (if i ever have to get a family car, thats what im getting)

not only that, but when done right they look teh sex.

v_n.jpg

Stock interior

I wish I could find the front end shot of this car, its fking beautiful. I belive its the 04 (i want the 02 tho)R-Sell1.jpg

what year motor did you have? its really not a common occurance...07 and up the factory tune for the sti motor was crap, causing lean conditions and broken ringlands. your motor shouldnt have had oil starvation unless you a) didnt put oil in it (they do tend to eat oil FYI) or b) a broken pickup tube. im kinda out of the loop, im guessing you had an sti swapped wrx?

i have an 08 shortblock in it with wiseco forged pistons, i guess i was leaking oil, and still cant find where exactly from, that and i go through almost a quart and a half inbetween changes.

yeah my buddies dad just sold his s60r, im looking for something right around 8k

I dont think you'll be able to find a decent S4 for around 8k.

If you do it will have high miles, and thats not really a good thing with a twin turbo v6 and an owner you dont know.

^and you might have to replace bunch of parts...spend lots of money and then realize you are just pouring money into the car just to have it running so you can get to school/work......

GL...hope you find something to be happy with :)

and for suggestions: how about non-German? :p hehe

I dont think you'll be able to find a decent S4 for around 8k.

If you do it will have high miles, and thats not really a good thing with a twin turbo v6 and an owner you dont know.

i've found almost 10 different s4's in the state or surrounding for just around 7-9 thousand. most of them with under 100k on the clock. Looking at a 2000 with 84k, new clutch, 6spd, and all stock.$7,6

Archived