Need some advice on my 03 civic ex

tyeINAcivic

Okay so every once in awhile when i put the key in the ignition and turn it, the lights come on and everything else(this part always works). Then when i actually go to start the car, .....nothing... not even a turn over.. I take the key out and try again. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. It does eventually turn on everytime but i'm not looking forward to the day that it doesn't come on at all. Any ideas, people???

Could be the electrical portion of the ignition switch. If it is a charge issue sometimes when the ELDU is failing it can cause weird problems. They are very well known to fail, so much so that Honda is selling them for around 25 bucks. Could be the PGM-FI relay (especially if it is happening on a hot sunny day when the interior of the car is hot). Could be other things... like the solenoid on the starter (you can manually jumper to the starter to crank the car over to help determine if it has to do with the starter.

You may want to determine whether it is a fuel and electrical issue before going any further. Certainly replacing the ELDU is a good idea either way if it has never been done. You don't want that thing leaving you on the side of the road.

Could be the electrical portion of the ignition switch. If it is a charge issue sometimes when the ELDU is failing it can cause weird problems. They are very well known to fail, so much so that Honda is selling them for around 25 bucks. Could be the PGM-FI relay (especially if it is happening on a hot sunny day when the interior of the car is hot). Could be other things... like the solenoid on the starter (you can manually jumper to the starter to crank the car over to help determine if it has to do with the starter.

You may want to determine whether it is a fuel and electrical issue before going any further. Certainly replacing the ELDU is a good idea either way if it has never been done. You don't want that thing leaving you on the side of the road.

Okay I'll check that out. it hasn't done it for the last 2 or 3 days. We'll see how it goes. Thanks buddy!

Archived