Gas Tank Capacity

spdrcr5

I just recently bought a 2007 Honda Accord EX-L (V6). I show that the gas tank capacity should be 17 gallons. Last night, I finally had the low fuel light click on, drove around for a little while, and went to fill up. I could only pump in 13.16 gallons of gas in my car, so I tried to pump a little more and it spilled out. When I turned my car on, the needle went over the Full mark.

So, either my tank really isn't 17 gallons, or the low-fuel light comes on when I have 4 gallons left in my car?

I am really confused by this whole situation, can anyone help?

Mine engages precisely at 2 gallons remaining. I have an 11.9 tank and I don't think I have ever put more then 10 gallons in it ever. Varies from model to model. If you have your owners manual it may note the trigger amount in the fuel system details, or not.:crazy:

...If you have your owners manual it may note the trigger amount in the fuel system details, or not.wacko.gif

I forgot all about that, yeah, my owner's manual says 1 gal. on the 1997 Accord and the old owner's manual on the 1986 Accord said 3 gal.; go figure. So yeah, check the manual, mystery solved.

Archived