Won't Start, after running

V92C

Hi folks,

I've got a '95 Si that will sometimes not start.

It's starts fine when cold, starts fine after it's been running & I turn it off for a few minutes (like when filling up w/gas).

But, if I let it sit for a while (20 - 30 minutes) after it's been running, sometimes it won't start.

If I let it sit for 10 - 20 minutes, she starts right up.

This makes it a real PITA to run errands, for instance.

I also am hesitant to take the Del Sol on any trips, since I don't know if I may deteriorate into something worse and leave me stranded far away from home.

I seem to see a lot of 'my Del Sol / Civic won't start threads - I've had the distributor replaced and the issue remains the same.

Please let me hear your thoughts / suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Hi folks,

I've got a '95 Si that will sometimes not start.

It's starts fine when cold, starts fine after it's been running & I turn it off for a few minutes (like when filling up w/gas).

But, if I let it sit for a while (20 - 30 minutes) after it's been running, sometimes it won't start.

If I let it sit for 10 - 20 minutes, she starts right up.

This makes it a real PITA to run errands, for instance.

I also am hesitant to take the Del Sol on any trips, since I don't know if I may deteriorate into something worse and leave me stranded far away from home.

I seem to see a lot of 'my Del Sol / Civic won't start threads - I've had the distributor replaced and the issue remains the same.

Please let me hear your thoughts / suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Have you checked your dizzy? I had that same problem with my 92 hatch man check your main relay could be that thats what was wrong with mine changed it got one at autozone for 60 bucks now never fails to start.

sounds like a main relay issue to me, just goto the junkyard and pull one from any 92-95 civic (maybe even 96-98, not sure) and swap it out.

But yeah sounds like main relay or condensation in the dizzy.

Archived