Accord Assistance

hyphy24u

So for my 16th birthday I got a 92 Honda accord. Its nice and all, automatic transmission though :p , but I cant complain about a gift. The accord has a 4lug wheel pattern, and I want some 18 inch, 5 or 7 spoke wheels, any suggestions?. I know I'm going to get the car painted black, but what else can I add, not to make the car flashy, but clean. I'm new to the Honda game, so I need some assistance.

16? We need to know what kind of budget and time-frame you are working within. You could do anything from 1-piece headlamps to re-upholstering the interior. Just remember, you don't want to bog yourself down with a project that is scheduled to be completed when you are finishing college. At your age, you will have many competing interests and a car will often be the first thing to be neglected. Have fun with it.

So for my 16th birthday I got a 92 Honda accord. Its nice and all, automatic transmission though :p , but I cant complain about a gift. The accord has a 4lug wheel pattern, and I want some 18 inch, 5 or 7 spoke wheels, any suggestions?. I know I'm going to get the car painted black, but what else can I add, not to make the car flashy, but clean. I'm new to the Honda game, so I need some assistance.

18s don't look that great on 4th gens like that. 16s imo look the best, 17s max. cb7tuner has a sh*t ton of information if you're just getting started. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/

I know in the next 2 years or so I can come up with about 1,500 or 2 grand. So now knowing a budget what do you suggest. I want to make it sound nice, but without looking stupid (you know what kind of cars I'm talking about)

How big are these?

1992-honda-accord-4-dr-lx-sedan-pic-39791.jpeg

Those are the looks I'm going for.

Is that 1,000/yr. total or is this the disposable income you will be setting aside for the car? If this is your total income, you need to use that money for the maintenance you should be performing during that 2+ year period.

Get to know all your local wrecking yards and shops that work on hondas, alot of times you can come acrost good deals that way someone who couldnt pay their bill had to part with their wheels to get car back ect. Also think OEM upgrade for wheels I am geussing you have 14's on your car now look at newer hondas for 15-16 inch wheels (which with tires should set you back no more than 100 ea) no they are not as cool as aftermarket ones but 17 inch wheels and tires will eat your budget up. Also you may find other upgrades in the junkyard like CAI and headers off some poor saps car that got totaled. Rear disc brakes are obtainable this way and many other things and most of this will be fairly cheap.

Archived