New guy from Ohio

MoskalBM52

Hey, my name is Brian and live in Akron OH. Im new to the import crowd but not to cars. grew up working pontiacs and chevys from the 70's. but since my budget isnt that high for 70 chevelle i gotta look towards new muscle. so i just sold my jeep and am planning to buy a civic, but since im new i dont know what to really look for. ive seen some slightly modified civics beat american muscle. and some heavily modified ones kill alot of the cars on the street. since i only have $4500 i gotta buy a civic that gets me to wear i go and back. but still have some money to customize it. so if anyone has any answers let me know.

Hey, my name is Brian and live in Akron OH. Im new to the import crowd but not to cars. grew up working pontiacs and chevys from the 70's. but since my budget isnt that high for 70 chevelle i gotta look towards new muscle. so i just sold my jeep and am planning to buy a civic, but since im new i dont know what to really look for. ive seen some slightly modified civics beat american muscle. and some heavily modified ones kill alot of the cars on the street. since i only have $4500 i gotta buy a civic that gets me to wear i go and back. but still have some money to customize it. so if anyone has any answers let me know.

ahhhh shizzy where at in akron? i live in akron myself, and for 4500 youll find an amzing honda for cheap with plenty of money left over

ahhhh shizzy where at in akron? i live in akron myself, and for 4500 youll find an amzing honda for cheap with plenty of money left over

Kenmore area... i found a nice civic on craigslist for 2800, prob take 2500. its a 98 DX 5 speed, 167k miles... if that car pans out that would give me about $1700 after tax and title BS. with that kind of money i could save a little and buy a turbo setup or put the civic on bottle. but idk...

Kenmore area... i found a nice civic on craigslist for 2800, prob take 2500. its a 98 DX 5 speed, 167k miles... if that car pans out that would give me about $1700 after tax and title BS. with that kind of money i could save a little and buy a turbo setup or put the civic on bottle. but idk...

im in the ellet tallmadge area, just put that you bought the car for 5 bucks thats what i do, and i have a couple motors i can sell to you, crap ill sell you my civic and both my motors, pm me and well talk

and go turbo

im in the ellet tallmadge area, just put that you bought the car for 5 bucks thats what i do, and i have a couple motors i can sell to you, crap ill sell you my civic and both my motors, pm me and well talk

and go turbo

i dont know what motor is in he car, but if its what i hope it is i can find a turbo system for 2k. then build the motor thats in the car. i dont know much about the b series and stuff, but all the motor I see for those that are for sale they want a crap load.

i dont know what motor is in he car, but if its what i hope it is i can find a turbo system for 2k. then build the motor thats in the car. i dont know much about the b series and stuff, but all the motor I see for those that are for sale they want a crap load.

i have a completly rebuilt d series for 350 no trans but you can use yours, and i have a b18a1 for 500 almost full swap, youll need mounts and tranny but everything is there

i have a completly rebuilt d series for 350 no trans but you can use yours, and i have a b18a1 for 500 almost full swap, youll need mounts and tranny but everything is there

thats cool, lwt me think about it and ill find some more information about the motors and turbo kits. i got a buddy thats a master with the civics. sad thing is he street races like every week.

thats cool, lwt me think about it and ill find some more information about the motors and turbo kits. i got a buddy thats a master with the civics. sad thing is he street races like every week.

ask him if hes got a cable beseries trans ill trtade my d series for

bottom end: d15

new water pump

rings

bearings rod and main

tensioner

oil pan

all seals

thermostat

newer sensors

planed

resurfaced

and honed

alot more

top end: d16

port and polish

head gasket

all seals

and valve guide seals

planed and

resurfaced

valves and valve seats

cleaned and ground

alot more

all specs meet honda standards

well as it turns out the motor was d16 non vtec. i did a little research and realized that the hp i want isnt going to happen lol. so i found another car, its 99 civic with a vtec.. is that motor still a d series?.. and if so how much is a b series swap?...

well as it turns out the motor was d16 non vtec. i did a little research and realized that the hp i want isnt going to happen lol. so i found another car, its 99 civic with a vtec.. is that motor still a d series?.. and if so how much is a b series swap?...

if you didnt get the si and if it doesnt have a swap then yes, its still a d series

Archived