DIY sunroof

eggdoor

So i have an extra top and im thinking about cutting a hole in it and putting in some plexiglass or something.

Anyone ever try anything similar?

Anyone with encouraging words? Words of wisdom?

Negative comments also accepted.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!! :dry:

get an ameripol top! DO NOT cut your top!

they come in blue tint or amber tint.. usually run about $670.. they sometimes have group sales on them on solsociety.. i havent been on there in a long assed time but they did have them on there

baaaaad idea, every one of them ive seen done comes out looking like asscream. that and they usualy leak horribly. For as much as its going to cost to make one you can get an ameripol.

This Thread Is Fail

Only Mexicans Getto Out cars and Ricers... But that is something a mexican would do. So NO no no no NO no NO NO

Dont do that to your car that would also be Fail

Sorry to offended you if your mexican

i like the ameripol.. if its cold outside you can still get sun shiney sun shine in the car like as if it were off :happy:

i want one but id rather buy gofast parts instead of a cool top

This Thread Is Fail

Only Mexicans Getto Out cars and Ricers... But that is something a mexican would do. So NO no no no NO no NO NO

Dont do that to your car that would also be Fail

Sorry to offended you if your mexican

not all of us :dry:

not offended though... theres a lot of those around here so i get your point lol

I know if it were feasible to make my own transparent top, I'd do it. So, if you have the means and facilities to do it, by all means, give it a shot. My biggest concern would be getting the nice, smooth, convex bow in the plex material that you'd need to make it look good and seal.

lol

Only Mexicans Getto Out cars and Ricers... But that is something a mexican would do.

i AM mexican... well i was born here so technically im american.... anyway. i was going to experiment with an EXTRA top i have.

ive taken it apart. my only concern is getting the right curve in it. as mentioned above. measuring and shaving and sanding and polishing should do it. buuuuut its on the back burner so i'll get to it when i can.

Archived