Remanufactured Engines

Hello everyone, if anyone remembers me I used to come on here back in the day when I had a civic, but sadly made the mistake of selling it a year ago. Well the urge is coming back to buy a civic again. This summer I plan on getting the car and then I will see from there. I was thinking of just taking car of body/paint, and suspension for the first year then engine second year( I am in college so it will be my college get away). For engine, I had the d16z6 in my civic and put a turbo in it. I loved it, I really think I want to stick with it, and I already know it does not have as much power and yadada, but it is cheaper for me to build. So, I was wondering I am going to try and buy an 93 to 95 ex with the d16z6, I wanted to get a second engine then so I could build that one but still drive the car. I was wondering about remanufactored engines. Hmotors or whatever that site it called does not have d16z6 they have a japanese model not sure what it is, just opinions on what you would do. Thanks

Honestly prangy if your building a z6 for boost look into getting a scrap motor then completely rebuilding it, that way you know EXACTLY what was done to that motor. Thats what I have right now, a b/o 1.7L d15b7 and a z6 that is in my garage at this moment.

advanced auto sells remanufactured motors. i think a d15b7 from there was like 1200. not really worth it imo. go to a junkyard and check some of those out. rebuild it from the ground up so you know what youve done instead of guessing with what someoneelse has told you

Alright, well if i get a car with the motor already in it, the trouble is I am not sure what you do to a motor exactly. I am not saying like pistons, rods, I am talking about the block its self. Like how do you prep it, dont you have to do something to the cylinders? And what do you guys think about the block itself as in how much hp can a stock block actually take. Do I need sleeves and also for the crank, how much can the stock handle. This is like a two year plan so I am not doing the turbo idea for a long time, I am just trying to get ideas. It would just be a kit off of a site so it would not be that special anyways. Thanks guys.

I was just looking at parts for fun and found something called a block guard? I do not know really what it is I can see it just slides of the sides of the cylinder walls, is that all I would need to reinforce the sleeves

Archived