Help on Tuning Up freshly bought '90 CRX-DX

R'90//CRX-DX

I just bought me a 90 CRX-DX 2 months ago... and I still need to find someone who knows something about making these babys go fast. Unfortunately I have no knowledge on Hondas as I am a rookie owner as you can tell. Ive always dreamed of having a crx and here it is. Now I just need some guidance!!! To start my car has...

D15B6 1.5 8V SOHC PGM-FI 1493 70hp@4500rpm 83tq@3000rpm '90 CRX :( I know... This engien sux, but thats the one my killer tomato is running)

it has no performance parts whatsoever, so what should I start Upgrading, and with what brands????.... (Ive already changed the spark plugs, wires, and oil, as well as the gas filter.) Whats Next???? your advice is highly appreciated. Thank You!!!

What are your goals?

Do you want a daily driver with some pep? A track only car? A 1/4 mile car?

Honestly The first mod I would make would be suspension. You can have all of the power in the world and not be able to take a turn over 20, or you can have a little power and take that same turn at 50. But then again id rather have a car thats fast in the twisties than a car thats fast on the strip.

What are your goals?

Do you want a daily driver with some pep? A track only car? A 1/4 mile car?

Honestly The first mod I would make would be suspension. You can have all of the power in the world and not be able to take a turn over 20, or you can have a little power and take that same turn at 50. But then again id rather have a car thats fast in the twisties than a car thats fast on the strip.

My goal is to build a sleeper type car... My idea is having a car witch you think is stock, but once you underestimate it... "fooom" Im gone. In other words I want it to be able to defend its self... Its a daily driver so I would appreciate buying parts that'll last. Out here its mostly strip racing, so anything that you Know that I can get to be better in the 1/4 mile would be great!!!!

Archived